cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLD - Payment details view not smart way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All / Expert,

I have problem with PLD which the customer/ vendor ref not display in correct way.

Payment details

A/P Invoices: 04526053 - RM 13,507.19; 04526052 - RM 2,4272.99

It should be like this :

Payment details Amount

04526053 <blank> RM 13,507.19

04526052 <blank> RM 2,4272.99

Anyone can tell me how to setup/design it to be like that? I'm appreciated your help.

Thanks in advance.

uddin

Edited by: Muhd Mahyuddin Zakaria on Apr 21, 2008 6:15 PM

Edited by: Muhd Mahyuddin Zakaria on Apr 21, 2008 6:15 PM

Edited by: Muhd Mahyuddin Zakaria on Apr 21, 2008 6:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahyuddin,

It would be better to hide this field in the PLD and create two database fields to pick customer reference and amount paid and concat these two fields to get your desired result.

Regards,

/Siddiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddiq,

Thanks for reply. I think you are correct, but I failed to create field for customer/vendor ref (NumAtCard) because standard not provide this field. The standard only provides display customer/vendor ref (ShowAtCard)

I try this :content tab

source type : Database

Table : Outgoing payments

Column : Display vendor ref (ShowAtCard)*

But it not work.* It should be NumAtCard. Please advise

Thanks.

Edited by: Muhd Mahyuddin Zakaria on Apr 21, 2008 7:21 PM

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uddin,

you have used the wrong field. The field used definition is option for to display Vendor Ref. No. or not. The answer is yes or no. The vendor/customer ref no. field is taken from VPM2.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

Yes, you are right, ref. no is not there. But I would not suggest you to go for query PLD bcoz you cant get your fields out of the repetitive area in query PLD and it would'nt be that attractive as other documents may look so I would suggest you to create a UDF in the default visible tables of the PLD and get cust/ven ref no through FMS and then recall this UDF into PLD.

Regards,

Siddiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for asking you something, just to know sentence "through FMS" stand for what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

FMS is a short form of formatted search. You can automate your data through formatted search and this formatted search could be based on user-defined quries.

Regards,

/Siddiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me look for other options.

Edited by: Naveed Jameel on Apr 22, 2008 8:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveed,

How recall this UDF into PLD? I not found field suitable / related to UDF.

Can you brief a little bit?

Thanks.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uddin,

I am sure the UDF location that suggested by Naveed in the payment is in the table VPM2 for outgoing payment or RCT2 for incoming payment, it means the fields are located in the row detail of incoming payment but not in the header. If you create the UDF in the header of incoming payment, it will be difficult to maintain more than one vendor/customer ref.no., but if you create in the row, it will be double because it is actually available.

This is really difficult issue, the solution is to develop a customized report or query PLD. I wish I could help but it would take a long time.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jimmy,

You are absolutely right for the UDF. But that is also true anyone cant move fields out of the repetitive area in QPLD. Anyhow it looks so that QPLD is the only solution but for flow documents its not as attractive as default PLD's.

Regards,

Siddiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jimmy,

As your mention before, query PLD is seem as solution for this problem. I tried to use your sample query you had given before and assign it to report

(Query manager --> Create report). But, it failed to bring out any figure.

Dear Naveed,

I'm also tried this query but I failed because syntax IF and /

2. Create a query IF /$[/$20.45.0] = '18'

SELECT T0.NumAtCard FROM OPCH T0 WHERE T0.DocNum = /$[/$20.1.0] (Note that query is starting by identifying the doc type, this query is for A/P reserve invoice, you can have it for any doc type by changing the syntax)

Please advice. Thanks

Edited by: Muhd Mahyuddin Zakaria on Apr 23, 2008 11:41 AM

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveed,

when creating database field in the standard PLD for payment, did you see the VPM2 or RCT2 table availability in the column field of the field properties ? I can't find the table, that's why I said creating new fields in the row line of the payment, it means that the UDF will be located in the table VPM2 or RCT2, meanwhile creating the UDF in the header of payment, it will difficult to display the customer reference no. per invoice.

Rgds,

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uddin,

the query is basic for developing query PLD. You must create condition as the parameter, create another field relate to payment like standard report and other things required by your customer. I have directly use the query without any other customized and it is success when print preview or printing. do you have any e-mail so that I could send the screen shot of the result.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jimmy.This is mymail id, zert_uddin84 @ yahoo.com. I'm very appreaciated your kindly and helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jimmy,

I'm still trying to create query PLD or by crystal report. Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uddins,

Just use query PLD if you could not find the field in the PLD contents.

SBo standard report uses system variable that makes it simple like current report

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for reply. Can you share query with me, because I not so fimiliar with query. I not have person who responsible to develop this report using this query.

But, it content apply to Outgoing payment PLD. If query can be inserted in PLD, can you teach me how to create it?

I'm very appreaciated your help.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Muhd Mahyuddin Zakaria on Apr 21, 2008 6:59 PM

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uddin,

this is example of the query:

SELECT T2.[DocNum], T2.[NumAtCard] FROM [dbo].[OVPM] T0 INNER JOIN [dbo].[VPM2]  T1 ON T0.DocNum = T1.DocNum INNER JOIN OPCH T2 ON T1.DocEntry = T2.DocEntry WHERE T0.[CardCode]  = 'S1002' and  T0.[DocNum]  = '28' group by T2.[DocNum], T2.[NumAtCard]

Rgds,