cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP RECEIVER ADAPTER --Security settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I need to communicate with a synchronous webservice with receiver SOAP Adapter. The standard also recommends the use of certificates to authenticate the server (Target Webservice) to the client (XI). How do I proceed with this? The Recever Webservice provider has provided a ssl certificate to use.

Whats the standard approach to be followed at Visual admin and the steps at recever communication channel and receiver agreement?

Thx in advance

Rachit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I have gone through this docs. This speak about the configuration to be done at visual admin side. I want the configuration to be carried out at Integration Directory side.

I had read in a question:

Q: Can I use SSL for my receiver adapter?

A: Yes. You can enter any target URL with "https:..." and the adapter will use the HTTP protocol over an SSL connection.

Is it the only thing that needs to be done or I need to configure the key store value also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Check witht this

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-adapter

Regards

Seshagiri

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachit.

1) Certificate needs to be imported in visual admin.

2) In your reciever cc...select select configure certificate authentication...from the dropdown..select your certificate..and save ..activate..and if your target sys already has the certificate..you are good to go..

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What exact certificates I need from the Webservice provider.

Thanks in advance,

Rachit

Edited by: Rachit Sharma on Apr 29, 2008 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please tell what certificates are required for my Receiver SOAP synchronous scenario and from whom do I get the certificates?

Is the Webservice provider who will provide me the certificate which I need to install on XI server and call it in Communication channel..Configure certificate authentication.? What exact certificates I need to ask him to provide?

Or from XI I need to generate the certificates and provide to the webservice provider to install on his webserver?

At present I am getting the following error:

<ExceptionDetail xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.ServiceModel" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<HelpLink i:nil="true" />

<InnerException i:nil="true" />

<Message>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Message>

<StackTrace>at ABC.SureSite.Integrator.Cardax.Messaging.MessageProcessor.ProcessMessage(Message message) at SyncInvokeProcessMessage(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)</StackTrace>

<Type>System.NullReferenceException</Type>

</ExceptionDetail>

Thanks in advance,

Rachit

Edited by: Rachit Sharma on Apr 29, 2008 3:01 PM