cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Adaptive RFCs & 1 View Context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have a view with it's elements mapped to a model node mapped to an adaptive RFC that retrieves the data to be shown. I also have a second RFC that will store the data from the view.

The problem is that the UI components are already mapped to the first model node and i need them to be mapped also to the <i>updater RFC</i>. Is there a way to copy the data from the model node to the second RFC?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

for this purpose you can utilize the <b>WDCopyService-API</b> which is there for copying node element lists from one model node to another.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganz, i also found there's a template for controllers called "Relate Context Attributes" that seems to fit my needs better than the API.

Regards, Nicolá

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is also the same...2 models need to be mapped to same controller node.... The way I approached it is creating 1 more value noce in the controller and copying the values from first node to this second node and then mapping the second node to the second model. Ofcource this is not avery good way as u will have to create n number of nodes if u have n number of models utilizing the same node.

I looked into the Template Relate Context attributes but they are for mapping between the nodes of the controller and not between controller and model.

Nicholas can u pls highlight more on the wdCopyService API u listed. Can it prevent creating additional dummy nodes in the controller ? which package has this API ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but i didn't use the API ever. I'm a Web Dynpro newbie.

I mapped the models to the component controller context and then from the controller context to the view context. This way i could apply the Relate Context Template to copy attributes from one model node to the other.

As you can see, in my case there was no need to create an intermediate value node in the view controller's context.

Greetings