cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4, kernel 7 sap env file problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install Solution Manager 4 SR3 on a test box and I have finalized the install parameters and its now installing. It has come to step 2 where it is complaining that it is not able to create a file called .sapenv_<hostname>.sh. My checks so far have found out that the group owner of the directories was 32, which i changed to dba group from ./<DB_SID> upwards (/oracle/<SID>) but i still get the error message. The message is as follows:

FSL-00001 System call failed. Error 13 (Permission denied) in execution of system call 'openU' with parameter (/oracle/SMP/.sapenv_sapraop.2.sh, O_WRONLY | O_TRUNC | O_CREAT, S_IRWXU | S_IRWXG | S_IRWXO), line (413) in file (syuxcfile.cpp).

Anyone have any ideas where i need to change permissions as it seems it is the case. The permissions are ok for ora<SID> in /oracle/<DB_SID> but unsure why this is the case.

Thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check

regards,

kaushal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how i did it as it has been a while but we had a problem where the home directory for ora<SID> and <SID>adm were mapped wrong. What was happening was all the files were being created and written under a single location which is why we had a problem with permissions. Later on we had to move all the files manually to the correct location.

My best bet would be to check and make sure the home directory for the 2 user ID's above are correct. I am a bit busy at the moment but if this doesn't solve your problem then let me know and i will see if i have made any notes on this.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

managed to iron out the problem,

thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

I am facing the similar error while installing Net weaver 2004s how did u resolve it.

Regards,

Ankita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked that but the problem is still there.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which user id you used for installing?

is you hostname is sapraop.2 ?

try to rename sapenv_sapraop.2.sh file (/oracle/SMP/.sapenv_sapraop.2.sh) to some other extension like .old and repeat the installation

regards,

kaushal