cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Basis Support Pack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii team,

After fresh Installing of SAP 4.7 with Sql 2000 database on Windows 2000 server. When I am updating my Basis Support pack 17 to 20 . It is successfull update .But when I am implemanting Support pack 21. It is giving

Error in Phase : XPRA_EXECUTION

Reason for error : TP_STEP_FAILURE

Return Code : 0008

I have check this error in SAP service market place . It is showing update tp.

Please give me the full path for tp download. step by step.

am I going to correct direction ? or due to some other reasion It is giving this problem.

Thanks & regards

jagdish Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read Note 672651 - OCS: Known problems with Support Packages in Basis Rel.6.40 , before applying other SP's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls give the version of tp and R3trans

If the version is old you can download the latest 'tp' and 'R3trans' from www.service.sap.com/swdc based on the

SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X110 or 47X200

Assuming its on SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X200 and on 32 bit. You can download from :

My Company's Application Components-> SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE->SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X200-> Entry by Component-> SAP R/3 Enterprise Server ->

SAP KERNEL 6.40 32-BIT -> #Database independent -> Windows Server on IA32 32bit

SHUTDOWN SAP, copy them to Kernel Directory and STARTUP SAP

Rerun the SPAM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is XPRA - and is done as job of user DDIC in the system already - no R3trans or tp involved any more...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check,

There might be some unprocessed transport requests due to which you are getting the errors

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Update your SAP kernel to the latest patch level and retry the import. this will solve the problem.

Regards

Maheswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Reimporting the Support Pack should fix this issue. Click on the import queue button and re-run it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done 2 or 3 times and I restart my server also. But its giving same error .

jagdish kumart

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please post the import logs - without them it´s just "guessing".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check whether all the tablespaces are full or not. If not,import the latest tp and R3trans and do the reimport once again and check.

Also check my importing the latest SPAM/SAINT update.

Thanks and Regards,

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For return code 8 in XPRAS, reimport will not improve the situation. In the XPRAS phase, a bunch of ABAP reports are extcuted. In the XPRAS log, SAPRXXXXXX, you should find which batch job has failed. You can then go to SM37 under user DDIC to find the failed job. Then display the job log. It will show the detailed errors. You can attach the job log here and we might be able to help.

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just had a similar situation, importing support packages in CRM 2007.

The job short dumpd showed a database deadlock whic was caused by several jobs running simultaneously. Relaunching the import was the trick for this time but you have to anlyse each case from the import logs,the job logs and short dumps...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii,

I have checked sm 37 there is no job fail.and Return code 8 is there . Wha should I do for resolve this issue ?

jagdish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the logs SAPKB64021...U will definitly find the cause of the eror

Regards

Umesh K

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is not necessarily related to tp.

check the SPAM import logs:

Goto - import logs - queue

and drill up to the error.

Markus