cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of Purchase Order from Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please is it possible to know the use of flag "Create PO automatically" into Sales Order Item Category customizing setting? Perhaps automatic creation of PO for Third Party sales process.

Thank you very much

Kind Reards

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

For third party u need not to check that "automatic PO" in item category, but u have to maintain Three fields in Sceheduline category "CS" i.e. Order type - NB, Item category - 5,and Acc. ass cat. - 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

So please, what is the use of flag "Create PO automatically" into Sales Order Item Category customizing setting?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard third-party process creates a requisition against the sales order line item. Then tx ME59 is used to convert the Req to a PO either manually or via a batch job. By utilising various config and master data settings, it is possible to have the Req converted to a PO automatically when the sales order is saved - and this flag on the item category is one of the necessary settings for this to happen.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Brian.

Can you tell me please config and master data settings, to have the Req converted to a PO automatically when the sales order is saved?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Automatic creation of Purchase order is possible for thrid party after sales order.

Please note following settings.

1) Mark automatic PO flag in item category

2) Mark automatic creation Flag in Material Master

3) Mark Automatic creation flag in Vendor Master.

4) Assign purchasing Organization and purchasing group in the customization setting of Sales organization in Define sales organization screen in SPRO--IMG.

5) Also some settings are there in MM module for which you have to get in touch with MM consultant.

I have worked on this scenario and it has worked fine

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant beat me to it !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prashant.

I did all the settings mentioned above. But it doesn't work: only Purchase Requisition is automatically created. PO is not created automatically.

Can someone help on MM side please?

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant has given most of what is needed. Only thing I may add is:

- Purchasing source list need to be created (ME01)

- Purchasing contract to be created, if needed (ME31K)

- Purchasing group used should be same as that set in material master / contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source list needs to have a fixed vendor and that fixed vendor needs to be set as MRP relevant. A purchase info record is also needed.

Brian

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, experts, I happen to test this process but fail. PR can be automatically created instead of PO. Pls help. Many thx.

More info:

1. I have done the settings as per Prashant's advice.

2. For MM, material type finished goods or trading goods has been tested. General item cat. group & item cat. group BANS or ALES has been tested. MRP type PD or ND has been tested.

3. For sales org., ALE purchase order data has been updated. Movement type Blank or 101 has been teasted. Leave stroage type blank.

4. Purchasing info record has been created.

5. Purchasing source list has been created: period of validity, fixed vendor, purchasing org MRP 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm re-testing the same, with the same settings of Cathy but only PR is automatically created.

If someone can help we would be grateful.

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Andrea

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Along with the item ctegory settings you do the settings in the scheduleline category in VOV6 transaction.

Here you need to assign the PO type then try

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Apr 21, 2008 10:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

You are right that chekbox is used for third party only. And it will be used when you are using ALE when you have distributed system where your sales order is supposed to be created in different system and PO will be raised in different system.

If you activate this field, the system automatically generates both a purchase order requisition for third-party schedule lines as well as a purchase order in the background when you save the sales order. This function has been designed for Application Link Enabling (ALE) but you can also use it when working with distributed systems.

To avoid errors caused by incorrect system settings, we recommend that you carry out the SAPEVENT OCU_LINK\DS:TRAN.BD86 for your third-party material. If you SAPEVENT OCU_LINK\DS:TRAN.PFTS tasks 8097 (create)and 8114 (change) (by choosing "Extras -> Employee assignment -> Maintain"), you will receive workflow objects in your inbox, should any errors occur.