Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDLGen +SOAPRunner don't work with 3rd party enviroment .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope somone can assist

I pass into .Net

http://ssmrav-dev01/Lighthammer/WSDLGen/BHPB/SSM/RNO/30_Reporting/501_MyShift/getProductionTargetsby...

and the content inlcudes SOAP runner access:

http://ssmrav-dev01/Lighthammer/SOAPRunner/BHPB/SSM/RNO/30_Reporting/501_MyShift/getProductionTarget...

This sets me up with a web reference.

I then call the webservice

Dim webServiceTest As New ssmrav_dev01.XacuteWS

Dim mywebinput As New ssmrav_dev01.InputParams

Dim wrap As String

mywebinput.Area = "S"

Dim VARarray As ssmrav_dev01.Rowset

VARarray = webServiceTest.Xacute("sapdpsvc", "S1a2D3p4", mywebinput)

However the returned rowset is blank, this does not occur when using the equivalant call to

http://ssmrav-dev01/Lighthammer/Runner?OutputParameter=OutResponseRowsetsXml&Transaction=BHPB/SSM/RN...

Could someone please advise correct protocol for accessing xmii via the soap runner.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer in a old blog. The add reference screen is not that intuitive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm attempting to do something similiar. The problem I'm having is in actually assigning the reference document to the transaction. Here's it what I have:

1. An xml document block in the transaction called DocOutput

2. I add to the xml document using the row transaction block

3. The results of the document are assigned to a XML output transaction variable

4. I''ve attempted to assign this document as the reference document for the transaction but I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I don't understand the screen. Here's what I'm doing:

a. Choose assign reference documents menu item

b. Choose xml property of DocOutput from tree

c. Click "Assign Reference Document"

d. Click "OK"

Is there another step I'm missing ? I've looked through all the help and searched the forum.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is far less sinister than I initially anticipated.

When setting the transaction I never set a default xml output for my transaction, hence when the WSDL was generated the row sequence was left out.

<s:sequence id="RowSequence">

<s:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="TargetName" type="s:string" />

<s:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="TargetValue" type="s:double" />

<s:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="EngUnit" type="s:string" />

<s:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="TargetArea" type="s:string" />

By this being added to the WSDL, .Net and Web Dynpro can now miraculously read the SOAPRunner version of the transaction. Might I dare say hard coding in its truest form, baring platform constraints the Runner object will be my first choice over the SoapRunner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason - you don't need to add this to the WSDL manually. All you need to do is use the "Assign Reference Document" menu option and assign a "sample" of your XML output structure to the XML output parameter directly inside of xMII, and the correct WSDL will be generated for you automagically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason: You also need to set the user name and password via the input parameters to the web service (if you look at the .NET generated proxy, you'll see them in the structure).