cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSAPUNDO tablespace always full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm getting this warning message every day in checkDB (DB13), on my production system 4.6C on Oracle 10g.

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: TABLESPACE_FULL, object: PSAPUNDO, value: 99.40% (> 97%)

I know that SAP manages itself size of this tablespace but I 'd like to know if there's a way to make this warning disappears of checkDB result only for PSAPUNDO ?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This tablespace is not managed by SAP but by the database, for a good explanation how it works see note 600141 - Oracle9i: Automatic UNDO Management (which is for 9i but also valid for 10g).

To solve your actual problem see note 594197 - Corrections in RZ20 for Oracle monitoring (point 7).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thans Markus,

In the SAPnote #594197, it's only recommanded to import support package SAPKB46C44 which is already imported on my SAP system.

Do you have any other idea ?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version/patchlevel of the BR*TOOLS are you using?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is BRCONNECT 7.00 (18)

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

also check Note 1035137 - Oracle Database 10g: Automatic Undo Retention

regards,

kaushal

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

please take a look at the metalink note #413732.1. This note describes this "phenomena".

> Symptoms

>In a 10gR2 database with an UNDO tablespace created in NO AUTOEXTEND mode, having transactions running in the database, apparently the UNDO tablespace appears to be full.

>Also many UNEXPIRED undo segments can be seen when selecting from dba_undo_extents view, although no ORA-1555 or ORA-30036 errors are reported.

>

> Solution

>This is a correct behavior, concerning an UNDO tablespace created with AUTOEXTEND OFF in 10gR2, so there is not need to add more space to it or be concerned by the fact that it appears to be 100% full.

For the Undo Block allocation algorithm take a look at the metalinknote.

Regards

Stefan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only idea I have left is to disable that check for PSAPUNDO according to note 849484 - New CRITICAL_TABLESPACE check condition in BRCONNECT

I also suggest to upgrade the br*tools to the latest version (33).

Markus

Answers (0)