Field and table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me the difference

1) We can unarchive repository after right clicking on specified repository

or right clicking on server.

What is the difference between two?

2) Can any one explain me with example what is Qualifier table , qualified record, Display Field, Remote key (which we can see in destination field during field/value mapping). It is not clear to me which source fields we should map with which destination field.

3) I am some doubt with look up table, fields and taxonomy field Can any one give me simple example rather than link.How can we create all this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

U have given wonderful reply

Thanks All, THANKS Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are Welcome Pappu.To learn more and to solve your queries do post the threads and do reward points if found helpful answers

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Apr 21, 2008 7:04 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Ans : The only difference between the two is when you unarchieve the repository by right clicking on the server it will ask the name of the repository and creates the new one while in other case it overwrites the existing repository on which you have right clicked for Unarchieving.

2) Can any one explain me with example what is Qualifier table , qualified record, Display Field, Remote key (which we can see in destination field during field/value mapping). It is not clear to me which source fields we should map with which destination field.

Ans : Qualifier Table:

Consider the simple example given below:

If one Product is to be sold in different countries with different price depending on the country then in such case if you kept all this information in the main table then it creates the redundancy

E.g.

Product Country Price

100 India 50

100 US 60

100 UK 40

Now if you model the above data using Qualified table in which Country will be the non-qualifier and price will be qualifier fields then

Product Country Price

100 India 50

US 60

UK 40

i.e. you are eliminating the redundancy by storing the repetative information in another table and just forming the link between main table record and its corresponding qualified table records.

Qualified Records:

Records stored in the qualified tables are known as qualified records like India 50 is the qualified record in above example.

Display Field:

If any field is declared as the Display field then the data of that field will be visible in the main table in MDM Data Manager.

E.g. Consider the lookup table name Countries with the structure shown below:

CountryName Code

India Ind

United States US

then when you select the drop down list say while entering data then you will get

India,Ind

United States,US

Otherwise if only code has been set as the Display Field then only code will appear in the drop down list

Ind

US

Remote Key:

Remote key is used when you want to communicate with many systems like say you want to send particular MDM records to R3 and some records to BW system.Then you have to enable the Remote Key property of the main table and select the remote system say R3 if you want syndicate the records only for R3 system.

3) I am some doubt with look up table, fields and taxonomy field Can any one give me simple example rather than link.How can we create all this?

Ans:

Lookup table:

These tables are used when you want to select the data from some fixed set of records like countries.

Create the lookup table countries and assign the table to the field(lookup flat) of main table then when you enter data into that field you will get the drop down list.

Taxonomy table:

Taxonomy table is used when there exists some fields whose occurance depends on the value of other some field.

E.g. Say there a main table field named Product which consists of values like Shoes and Bottles.When you select Shoes then field Brand appears and when you select Bottles field Quantity appears.Now if you create 3 fields named Products Brand and Quantity then for product field value Shoes quantity will be null and similarly for Bottles Brand field will be Null.Imagine the scenario with lacs of records.

Now when you use taxonomy table to model the above design it will be as shown below:

1. Create the field Product in the main table with type Lookup Taxonomy.

2. In the Data Manager create two attributes named Brand and Quantity.

3. Link the value Shoes with the Brand and Bottles with the quantity.

Whenever you select Shoes, Brand field will appear automatically and similarly for other case.

Reward if found useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halder,

Can any one explain me with example what is Qualifier table , qualified record, Display Field, Remote key (which we can see in destination field during field/value mapping).

See this blog on qualifier tables.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/20/so-is-that-the-qualifier-or-the-non-qualifier

The above blog makes you understand qualifier table concept.

In addtion to above blog i am adding some points about qualifier tables.

Qualifier table also lookup table.But what is the difference between normal lookup table and qualifier lookup

table?

Normally lookup table stores the data which can be shared by main table.But in some cases , we may

have data which can n't be shared by main table, That means data which is frequently changes and one

new value exists for each mail table record.Here we need to store both shared and non-shared values in an

table.Qualifier lookup table contains qualifier and non-qualifier properties.

Non-qualifier acts as shared values by main table and qualifier acts as non-shared values by main table.

and also we can not enter the data for qualifier fields in lookup table, we have to enter the data for qualifier

field from main table only.

For better understanding , go through above blog.

When we want to overright the existing MDM repository, we go for repository node and when we want to

create new repository from archive folder , we go for server node.

Hope it helps.

Reward points,if found useful.

Thanks,

Narendra.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Solution - When we right click on the server, it gives us a chance that we can either create a new repository or overwrite an existing Repository using the Unarchived File.

But when we click on a repository and Unarchive it, it overwrites an existing Rep.

This question is very vast to answer. Hence Please go through the link below : The 1st link explains you the meaning and usage of Qualifier Table.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3417] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30380d0e-2f23-2a10-8f9d-da55511adbd8]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1012f58f-a6e6-2a10-7caf-a46b7ad0f299]

Hope it helps.

*Kindly reward points if useful

Thanks and regards

Nitin jain