cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BDC AND PROXY..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BDC AND PROXY..?can any one explain when this can be used? i hav a data which is coming in form of a file,and i hav to upload it into SAP standard tables?can anyone suggest which is the best way?

Regrads,

somu

Edited by: so mu on Apr 21, 2008 8:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better if u use Proxy for this kind of application bcos you can instantly look into the error if the message(payload). doesnt get upload in the R/3 system........

I mean the error description in Proxy using Xi is more clear than BDC.......

So if have the knowledge of Proxy on XI then with it or else use BDC programe for this application ...........

Some of the links which can help u in this regard

ABAP Server Proxies (Inbound Proxy)

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

OutBound Proxy (Client Proxy)

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

Thanks

Sai

PS: kindly reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thankx for ur replies.but,the file am getting here is in the form of excell sheet.but,if we use xi it is time consuming process i think...?

please help.

Regards,

somu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,,,

if it is an excel file..... it will increase the work if you are using XI .... since you will need to use Adapter Module.. for reading that excel file...

Best Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case , Its not time consuming process.Flatfile means Text file or Excel Sheet. Maximum of process data can retrieved the Flat files only.

Regards,

Sateesh n.

Edited by: Sateesh N on Apr 21, 2008 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes your right and still if u want to use do it XI then it better you convert it in plain Text file for better efficiecy or XML file........Anyways you can do this this in BDC with excel sheet.....so i think its def a time consuming process..........

XI canot process excel sheet directly but u can send this sheet as an attachment in SAPXI system..........

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the best way is to use BDC only.

Regards,

somu

Edited by: so mu on Apr 21, 2008 9:11 AM

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somu,

I told u long back...Use BDC for u r requirement..

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somu

BDC-Batch Data Conversions which are used in ABAP.It consists Data can be convert to SAP to Non SAP & Non SAP to SAP through Flat files

follow this thread

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fa/0970a4543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fa/097119543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

In case of PROXY(XI)- It can retrieve the data for XML format and It can produce the data XML format between SAP to Non SAP & Non SAP to SAP.

You can use message interfaces to create the following proxy objects:

· ABAP proxy objects or

· Java proxy objects

Proxy generation converts non-language-specific interface descriptions in WSDL into executable interfaces known as Proxies. Depending on the target programming language, you choose one of the following:

· ABAP proxy generation is part of the SAP Web AS 6.40. ABAP proxy generation enables you to generate proxies to communicate by using the Web service infrastructure and by using SAP Exchange Infrastructure. ABAP proxies that were generated from message interfaces in the Integration Repository (IR) can be used in both infrastructures. This means that if none of the Integration Server services are required for a proxy-to-proxy communication scenario in ABAP, you can use a point-to-point connection using the Web service infrastructure instead.

· Java proxy generation in the Integration Builder (Design) generates proxies from message interfaces in the Integration Repository. Java proxy generation packs the proxy objects in a Jar file, which you can save locally. You use the generated classes in J2EE applications on the SAP J2EE Engine.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/91/de56456be146e791bf88188306aa57/frameset.htm

regards

Sandeep

if helpful reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BDC-Batch Data Conversions which are used in ABAP.It consists Data can be convert to SAP to Non SAP & Non SAP to SAP through Flat files(MASTER Data).

In case of PROXY(XI)- It can retrieve the data for XML format and It can produce the data XML format between SAP to Non SAP & Non SAP to SAP.

They are two types PROXYIES

1) ABAP Proxy

2) JAVA Proxy.

ABAP Proxy: It need to Work in ABAP Application.

JAVA Proxy: It need to Work in Java Application

Regards,

Sateesh N.

Edited by: Sateesh N on Apr 21, 2008 8:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

if you know BDC well , you can go ahead with BDC .....

But following are the advantages of using Proxy via XI.... FILE -> XI -> PROXY

1. You can monitor the flow of data into R3 ,...

2. If some data cannot be processed bcoz of inconsistent Master data in R3 ..... you can correct the data in R3 .,..

and Restart the unprocessed message from Monitoring tool...

but if you dont want any of these features... you can go ahead and use BDC...

Best Regards,

Sushil.