Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV table in Web dynpro java

harishbabu_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a task to migrate the usage of UI element IWDtable to ALV Table in my application for some features like Sorting and filtering supported in ALV table.

I searched in Google and SDN about the ALV table, could not find any document about ALV table in Java (Found docs only with ABAP).

Is ALV table supported in Web dynpro java ? If yes, please pass me the URL for the basics of ALV table.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

it's a kind of bug

If you take a look into the most official documentation: [Developing User Interfaces with Web Dynpro for Java|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/b8/f87842fdb70f53e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

, you will see that the ALV documentation is not part of....

You can not use the ALV, since the component you need to, is not part of the delivery, so no wonder that you get npe's

kind regards

Stefanie

harishbabu_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

Thank you very much for the update.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand from previous posts in this thread, that the ALV is not yet available for use within WebDynpro. Although it is already documented in the NWDS documentation under:

SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Studio Documentation > Developer's Guide > Developing and Composing Applications > Developing User Interfaces with Web Dynpro for Java > Reference > UI Element Guide > Tables and Lists > Displaying Lists with SAP List Viewer > Integrating SAP List Viewer into Applications

Since it is listed under "Developing User Interfaces with Web Dynpro for Java" I would assume that is should be possible. We are on NW CE 7.1 SP5.

I tried to get a test application running based on the documentation, but the documentation is too thin and I run into an Null-Pointer exception in a SAP class called:

at com.sap.ip.bi.alv.rendering.ALVGraphicsRenderer.init(ALVGraphicsRenderer.java:117)

If it is not yet released for use then I wonder why it is already part of the documentation ?

Take care

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its very well their in SAP.

Its not yet released for wd java. but available for VC 7.1

Hope fully it will be relaesd for the customers in CE 7.1 SP's.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Refer to the following link for Table Filter & Table Sorter.

Table Sorting:

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/03/07/enhanced-web-dynpro-java-tablesorter-for-sap-netweaver-04s

Table Filter:

/people/kapil.kamble/blog/2006/12/21/how-to-get-ready-made-filter-for-your-web-dynpro-table-with-minimal-coding

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Harish,

Till now i never heard tht we can have ALV(ABAP List Viewer) functionalities in webdynpro java...

GS

Edited by: Sathishkumar GS on Apr 21, 2008 7:53 AM