cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Profile Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am having a selection profile already existing and i need to create a new selection profile which has a similar structure that of the previous one. My question is how do i see the contents of the already existing selection profile and how do i create the new one. I did try to create a selection profile getting into the interactive planning book but i am not able to see that while making a selection while creating the variant.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to /sapapo/mc77 and choose the planning book you used and you should be able to see the selections there

on the right side of the popup - you can see the list of all selection ids that are created and right clicking on it will show you options to display selection and copy selection. you can use that for creating the new selection

Selections are by planning books. So if you created your selection in one planning book and expect to see it in some program thats looking at another planning book it might not be possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question then would be, Is business trying to plan based on Product?? business normally planes on Sales Objects like Sales Org and Sold to Ship and then associated with a Product. I would say clarify which level of forecasting they are thinking of doing. Take the requirements correctly.

If you still want to perform Forecasting of a particular set of Plant - Org components combination , as Nair said you will need to maintain the selection in the Planning Book for that Planning Area. As selections are stored for the Planning Book and if you want to run the background job in this Plannign Book you need to maintain the selections in the same Plannign Book.

Once you have the selection ID s created, whether manually

main menu > DP> Environment > Selection Organization.> Maintain Selection Assignments.

Then try to use two differet selection ID s.

One selection ID for Constant forecasting,

Second one for No forecast.

Is this what you want to know??

Reward with points if this helps.

Thanks,

My

Answers (0)