first of all i am new to IDOC/EDI. So please answer with little details.
My requirement is client wants to send invoices to the customer/partners. My billing document is having an additional field name "Material Model Number" How could I include this field to Standard IDOC INVOIC01 at the segment "E1EDP01 : IDoc: Document Item General Data".
Well, there is are two solutions.
First is that you can create another segment with a single field "Material Model Number" and attached it to the extended basic type of INVOIC01.
Steps for that:-
1. Go to the transcation WE30.
2. Give a name of the extension that you want to create. Like ZEXT_INVOIC01.
3. Click on the extension radio button and click on the create button.
4. Enter the name of the basic type that you want to link with INVOIC01.
5. Enter other fields and click on the Go button.
6. Click on the segment name 'E1EDP01' and click on the create button, it will ask for the segment name that you want to insert here. Enter the name of the segment that you have created with the single field name 'Material Model Number'. Give the min and max number of repetitions.
7. Save the extended type that you have created.
8. Do not forget to release it.
Steps for creating the Segment:-
1. Go to the transcation WE31.
2. Enter the name of the segment that you want to create.
3. Click on the create button.
4. Enter the desription and enter the name of the field and the corresponding type and description like 'Material Model Number'.
5. Save it and do not forget to release it.
Secondly you have to create a Z... of the standard and insert the new field.
Now, for the idoc inbound and outbound process, you have to do the same type of entry for the inbound and outbound, like the BASIC / EXT type, MEssage type, Segments..... etc.
Reward points if useful.