cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to do u0093selectiveu0094 deletion in BW 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still on BW 3.0. I want to delete only a few rows from cube and ods. How do I do that? I read several threads which talk about selective deletion and I do not find them in BW 3.0.

I look at ODS Active Data table in SE 16. Use table contents to display rows, then go Table Entry. All delete options are dimmed, i.e., cannot be used. Same is true for Cube FACT Table. Why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider using archiving, you can reload data in case of any problem.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b32837f2-0c01-0010-68a3-c45f8443...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I I am doing incremental loads, it should not get broken by Selective Deletion. I know If I delete all the data, delta queues are gone as well, but selective deltion should not impact delta mechanism,

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right, selective deletion will not impact the delta loads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I do selective delete for some records from ODS will it automatically delete corrspoding records in cube, if data target of ODS was cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,

you will have to do the selective deletion on the cube also.

This works in the same way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

start txn RSA1.

Goto infoproviders and search the concering infoprovider.

Right-click and select 'manage'.

Go to the 'contents' tab page and click on 'Delete selection'.

This will open the selective deletion dialog.

What you have to do then is enter your deletion selections (the 'deletion selections' button).

Then click start and you're off to go.

You can follow the job status also.

PS. be very careful you don't delete too much data! So double-check your deletion criteria.