cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test J2EE Engine examples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still following instructions at "/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2008/03/31/sap-netweaver-70--java-and-abap-trial-version-on-linux--vmware-edition--tips-tricks

I now manage to login as developer into SAP GUI (I also manage to connect from IE, as explained at the bottom of the blog).

I tried 'from IE" to look at the "hello world" J2EE Engine example, but it requests me a login/pass, I give developer/developer, then it says I'm not authorised.

What user pass should I use ? I tried j2ee_admin/j2ee_admin (I saw these accounts in SAP GUI somewhere, under Tools/Administration/..."

Angela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angela,

If this a ABAP+J2ee stack, you should be able to logon with j2ee_admin and the password you provided during the installation for this user.

If this is just JAVA Stack, you need to logon with a user 'Administrator' and the password you provided during the installation.

If you don't remember the password of j2ee administrator, you could chage the same using the explanation in SAP Note 669848

In case of "Administrator" is locked; just follow below steps:

1. open the configtool: C:\usr\sap\<InstenceID>\JC<xx>\j2ee\configtool --> configtool.bat

ex: C:\usr\sap\J9E\JC09\j2ee\configtool ---> configtool

2. Activate the "super admin" and enter password(this is your choice) in configtool properties:

In Config tool: cluster-data>Global Server configuration>services--> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

find below ume properties and change values as i mentioned

ume.superadmin.activated=TRUE

ume.superadmin.password= < enter password>

3. Save the changes in configtool. click on Save button.

4. Stop the j2ee engine.

5. Start the j2ee engine.

6. Now you login to UME with username "SAP*" and password "what you entered in configtool"

7. After logging into UME Search for user "administrator" then unlock this user; or if you want to change password you can change it.

8. Goto config tool follow step 1:

9. Follow step2: and change ume property values as below:

ume.superadmin.activated=FALSE

ume.superadmin.password= (note: seta as default or blank)

10. Save the change setting in configtool.

11. Restart the j2ee engine ( Stop and Start).

12. Now login to user as "Administrator"; you will succussfully loging into ume;

**It is also possible to create additional users and assign them to administrators group.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4a/e06f429c789041e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all these details, but I'm not sure if they'll be usable for me, because (as mentionned) I used the VM Wzre version by following the instructions here :

/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2008/03/31/sap-netweaver-70--java-and-abap-trial-version-on-linux--vmware-edition--tips-tricks

So, basically, I now get to the end, but don't really know how to continue.

I can either run SAP Gui inside the VM Ware (with developer/developer), I can go to the ABAP Workbench for example, but then as said, I get requested an "Access Key", and I don't know what to do about that.

On the other hand, I can connect to SAP with my IE from XP, with http://ivml2005:54200/index.html, I get access a menu mage. But when I try to access the J2EE Engine examples, it requests for a login/pass, I give developer/developer, and this fails, then I'm stuck (I've tried j2ee_admin/j2ee_admin, but this isn't recongnised at all).

However, right now I'm trying to start up my VM Ware again (after pausing it yesterday evening), but it seems to be stuck, so right now I can't do anything.

I think I'll have another go with the following :

SAPNWCE71TrialSP1Preview_DevStudio.tgz

SAPNWCE71TrialSP1Preview_JavaEEServer.tgz

jce_policy-1_5_0.zip

I'd already tried this, but didn't succeed. (see my first posts on this forum, from last week).

But seeing how slow (when it was working yesterday, it was teribbly slow) and complicated the VM Ware version is, I think I'll try to switch back to the full XP version.

Besides, I don't have the impression anyone is really using the VM Ware version, so I hope I'll get more support using the XP version (your reply for example is targeted to an XP installation I guess from the "C:\usr\sap" paths).

Just before, can someone confirm that I'm supposed to be able to do this for free ? i.e. without being an SAP customer ? Can I use SAP Netweaver to learn ABAP and SAP's J2EE for free with SAP Netweaver ?

Angela

Edited by: Angela GALACY on Apr 21, 2008 12:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

While waiting I tried creating a table, following some doc I found from the SAP Library.

What's this about the "Access Key" ? Is this something I missed ? Where do I get this from... I've read a few posts, but it doesn't seem clear if you need to pay to have one or not ?

Is netweaver meant to be used by SAP only customers ? I thought I could test some development with this trial version, is this not the case ?

Thanks.

Angela