cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow on lookuptable isn't visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the datamanager I've made a workflow on a lookup table, but the workflow isn't visible in the lookuptable. The workflow that has been made is visible in the maintable.

How comes, what did I wrong?

We have MDM 5.5 sp5.

Gr. Heleen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Create the Workflow in the Workflows table using MDM Data Manager and select the table on which you want to execute the workflow from the drop down list.

2. Set the required properties like Owner, Trigger Actions and AutoLaunch.

3. Go to the lookup table on which Workflow has been created and perform the desired action to launch the workflow.

4. Workflow will be visible in the Workflow tab in the same lookup table only.

Note: Select the table first while creating the workflow because you cannot modify it once your workflow has been saved.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reaction...

I did it as you write, but at point 4 I don't see the workflow. The workflow is visible at the maintable but not at the look-up.

Gr. Heleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If workflow is visible on main table, it means you have created it on main table.

I am also doing same things but able to see the triggered workflow on lookup table.

If you have saved that workflow on Lookup table and you are seeing that lookup table in workflow record details, then workflow creation is right.

Select the lookup table in record mode and perform the action you have selected in like update record, add record.

See the workflow tab, if all things are right you will surely see that workflow.

It may be a case you were performing any main table action and related workflow was being triggered. i am assuming it..so please check for all pros and cons..

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heleen,

Workflows in MDM are designed to run on main table records only.

The reason being the main table records for any master contains the details of a records which are actually needed to be maintained.So workflows are run on them for the control of data flow and maintainenece.

If you try to add any record of a lookup table to a workflow job in the MDM data manager it will not allow you to do so.Because it is not designed for the lookup tables.

Besides There is no special advantage of using workflows on lookups,As lookups are always prepopulated before main table importing and so appear as a dropdown during main table record selection.

Lookups as in MDM are defined as a set of predefined set of legal values which will not change often.So worlflow does not even fit in the requirement.

But your point is also taken that if what we are discussing makes sense then why are lookups available for selection.

Let's see what others have to say.

Hope it helped

kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heleen,

Work flow can not be applied on lookup table records.we can

apply workflows on main table records only.

Hope it helps,

Reward points,if found useful.

Cheers,

Narendra.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I don't understand it. Why can you choose the lookuptable when you make a workflow? This suggest that is possible to make a workflow on each table in the dropdown from tables. In this dropdown there are also the lookuptables. Why can you choose the lookuptable?

Gr. Heleen