Field exit for cmod
Field exit was created with CMOD, but is not processed when calling the screen.
Since the field exit is not processed until PAI, an action must be triggered on the screen (Return, Save, ...).
- Set profile parameter abap/fieldexit to YES and restart the system.
- After activating the function module FIELD_EXIT... and the field exit, leave the transaction on whose screen the field exit is to be executed. The screen is not generated until the transaction is started.
- Do not work on different application servers since there may be some delay before the field exit is activated.
- The profile parameter must be set on all or none of the application servers.
- If the field exit is to only be active on specific screens, check whether you chose the correct program and the correct screen
number (take care with subscreens).
- Using SE51 -> Field list, check that the screen field does have a reference to a data element. In the name of the field exit use the name of the data element and not the field name.
- After transport, field exits are marked as active but will not be processed.
Tip: First try deactivating the field exit once more and then afterwards, activate it again.
Reward if helpful...