cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Requirements for Return Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please I need help on TOR management with Return Orders in SD.

I've already red all the threads realted to TOR and ATP but I couldn't find a solution. As we know TOR is dependent on the following data: reqts type, reqts class, checking group and schedule line category.

The reqts type and class are determined in the strategy group (material master - MRP3).

Now if I switch on Transfer of Requirements for Returns, at Schedule Line level and Reqts Class level, the result is that I can see requirements related to Returns in the availability check overview of Sales Orders (ATP count) but if I check in the requirements list (i.e. transaction MD04) these requirements related to Returns are not recorded. Why?

And also another point please: requirements generated from Return Orders, into ATP count are considered as normal Sales Orders (negative sign, reducing ATP quantity, when it should be the contrary because a goods receipt is expected).

Can you help me please on these 2 points (perhaps something related with Sales Document Category)?

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

AP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For return consignments

- In Item category - relevant for delivery should be checked

- In schedules lines - Transfer of Requirements and Availability checks should NOT be checked. The reason is for returns, we are receiving goods back to the plant. we need not do availability check as goods are moving into our plant. There is no transfer of requirements to material management to manufacture or produce the goods. We have the goods.

- Returns should be assigned correct Movement type in scheduled line category so that return goods are added into inventory. Standard Movement type for returns is 634

Hope this would answer your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kamesh for your answer.

What you mentioned is the "standard" use of return.

My question is if it is possible to have transfer of requirements also for return with positive sign to increase ATP quantity (like purchase order quantity). And also why if I switch on transfer of requirements for returns, these requirements are not reported into MD04.

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

I practically did a sample order / returns order to see your requirements and these are my observations

a)

If you create a standard sales order, then the availability check registers a minus sign with stock required in Rec./reqd qty field.

Once you save the sales order, this is not seen again as the total quantity is reduced by sales order quantity.

It was indicating a minus sign when you created a returns order because you checked the Transfer of requirements and availability check indicators in schedule line category.

It was simulating a requirement as you checked the indicators in schedule line category.

If you create returns order with standard DN (i.e. Transfer of requirements and availability check indicators are not checked), then you would not see any requirement for stock i.e. you don't see any new entry in availability overview screen.

b)

You are not seeing returned quantities in MD04 because of Movement types. This has nothing to do with Transfer of requirements.

Schedule line DN uses movement type 651.

Using movement type 651, you post returns from a customer with returns delivery to blocked stock returns.

The blocked stock returns are are neither valuated nor part of "unrestricted-use" stock.

Hence you are not seeing the returned stock in your available stock.

If you click the magnifying glass on total stock i.e. top line of your stock/requirements list (transaction MD04), you could see the returned quantity in 'Returns field'.

If you want to post returns from a customer with returns delivery directly to the valuated stock, you could use the following movement types in schedule line category.

653 Returns from customer to unrestricted-use stock

655 Returns from customer to stock in quality inspection

With these movement types, you could see returned quantities in stock/requirements list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general return order requirements are not transfered to MRP and the possible problems -

1. Check at Schedule lines if requirement is active

2. Check the MRP Type at Material master and also see the MRP determination on the combination of

Item Category + MRP Type = Requiremen type

3. Based on Requirement type, check the requirement class what assigned against the requirement class.

4. Check the settings in requirement class, in that check the following indicators

a. Deactivate the Requirements tick

b. Deactivate the MRP indicator and set as No MRP.

Standard SAP default Schedule lines are DN

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answers; actually these are the details:

1. At Schedule line level (DN) transfer of requirement is active

2. MRP Group at material master is FERT

3. MRP Type at material master is PD

3. Requirement Type determination on the combination of Item Category (REN) + MRP Type ("blank") = 041

3. Based on Requirement type, check the requirement class: 041.

4. Settings in requirement class 041:

a. Deactivate the Requirements tick (we changed standard settings for 041)

b. Deactivate the MRP indicator and set as No MRP.

Now I proceed as before:

- I create a new return order

- I create a new standard sales order: into ATP screen for this standard sales order I can see return order requirements (negative sign).

- In MD04 transaction I can't see return order requirements.

Can ypou help me please to understand:

-Why requirements for return orders are with negative signs into ATP screen (a goods receipt is expected); is it possible to have a positive sing?

- Why returns orders requirments are not considered into MD04?

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Andrea

Edited by: Andrea on Apr 21, 2008 5:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible please to know if requiremnts generated from Returns Orders can have positive sign (like purhcase orders)?

In the availability screen of Sales Orders, requirements for Returns Orders are always with negative sign.

Is the sign of requiremnts something defined insight SAP programs that we can't change using customizing?

Thank you very much

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that all sales order requirements are seen as issues (i.e. negative sign) regardless of the type of order. I suspect that the logic is that returns orders should not be seen as receipts or available inventory as they would need to go through quality control or may not be in a saleable condition.

There is some functionality in SAP relating to inbound deliveries but I have never investigated it - perhaps that may be another area to research?

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Brian.

I think on Return Order you have always an outbound delivery; should be only the movement type different (Goods Receipt instead of GI).

If someone can give us some advices we would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope the OR is on in the Shedule line category, check the TOR in requirement class level. Compare the same with the standard order process, you may be able to find why it is not showing in MD04.

Prase