cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer/material division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained an access sequence which includes Division also.

Where shall I maintain division (in customer master or in material master so that the particular cond is picked).

Which one has precedence?

regards

Shruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The replies by Srinath & Murali do not relate for a solution to this question.

The question is more about pricing and access sequence whereas Srinath & Murali reply that system reads CMR & MMR records.

I don't know why system reads CMR & MMR records during pricing. Only they could answer the reasons.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

1.Where shall I maintain division (in customer master or in material master so that the particular cond is picked).

-->In Customer master -- Division is product specific so customer will be created under sales area with the combination of Sales organisationdistribution channelDivision.

Customer may be maintained for different divisions i.e he can buy any product.

If you want maintain the division to the customer you create the customer with that divsion that is enough.

---> In material master -- you can maintain the division in Sales:Sales org.1 tab --> under general data.

2.Which one has precedence?

--->First system will search in the customer master then it will search in the material master.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question does not give complete facts about other accesses and fields in your access sequence but this is my opinion

An access sequence is a search strategy that the system uses to find valid data for a particular condition type.

It determines the sequence in which the system searches for data.

So basically you would be maintaining a condition record for Customer, Material & Division.

You would also maintain condition records for others lets say Customer, Master (I am giving an example as you did not give actual details)

Let says you entered Accesses in the following order

- Customer, Material & Division

- Customer, Material

Now what the system does is it first searches for condition records for Customer, Material & Division. In case it does not find any record it searches for condition records for Customer, Material.

In short system does not look in Customer master records or Material master records but it gets data from condition records

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shruthi

In MMR the division feild can be found in sales orgn 2 view

In CMR you cant find division feild but , you will be creating a customer master record with a sales area which includes divison also

system checks the1st priority for CMIR , next it checks for CMR and next it checks for MMR .

here system will check first in CMR and then in MMR

Regards

Srinath