cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending SAP Quotation thru E-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Output type control. Sending Quotation thru e-mail.

We have Output type defined for quotation and Quotation layout printing is developed ABAP program.

On saving transaction we are printing Quotation. Using same set-up same layout we want to send as an e-mail to our customer ( Sold-to-Party ).

I have defined transmission medium : 5 - External sent instead of 1 print option.

Commumication strategy standard : CS01 - Internet/Letter

Partner SP - Sold to party is assigned. E-mail address maintained in Customer master.

I am not able to get quotation thru e-mail. It is still printing the output. Any step I am missing.

Please advise

Thanks & Regards,

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the "Further data" button, and see what you defined in "Dispatch time" .

Email will be sent immediately If you defined "Send immediately" .

Otherwise, check transaction SCOT and see whether the email has been generated and is ready to be sent by SAPConnect.

The menu: "Utilities > Overview of send orders" (Ctrl+F12) will give an overview.

If you find your document in the list with the status "Waiting" (yellow triangle), mark the line and press

the clock button.

If the output you selected is send by SAPConnect, you will see the message "1 Message send".

If no such message, then there may be problem with SAPConnect set-up. Talk to your Basis consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The two basic transactions related to output type for sending emails are:

SCOT and SOST.

Other settings required are:

1) Maintain the email address of the customer for sending emails in customer master.

Output Type MAIL - Transmission Medium = 5

2) Keep the setting as "4" Send Immendiately.

3) Ensure that the server is configured to send emails.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried all settings provided by you. Output is going to printer only . Not going as mail.