cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Kernel Upgrade Patch selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears, last time i post my questions here about ECC 5.0 kernel upgrade here. And i already get the answer about kernel upgrade need to download #Database independent-SAPEXE XXXX.SAR and Database Dependant--SAPEXEDB XXX.SAR.

Thanks the help of all of you.

And now i have another question about kernel upgrade.In the #Database independent download path, i find there are other *.SAR, for example:

dw_228-10002836.sar

enq_228-10002836.sar

enserver_224-10002836.sar

R3trans_228-10002836.SAR

saposcol_85-10002836.sar

I am not sure if these *SAR file also need to upgrade to sap kernel path or not?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to add one point to what Juan has advised you.

For a kernel upgrade two files are only required - SAPEXE....SAR and SAPEXEDB...SAR and the other files you have mentioned for exists within these two files.

SAP will bundle all these files together and make SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB.sar files for a particular patch number say 100 in a quarter.

With future developements sap would release new patches for the files like you have mentioned (dw_228-10002836.sar,enq_228-10002836.sar,enserver_224-10002836.sar,R3trans_228-10002836.SAR) which would be on a higher patch level than that of SAPEXE.sar and SAPEXEDB.sar.Till the time a higher patch level for SAPEXE.sar and SAPEXEDB.sar is not available in market place you can perform the kernel upgrade to the higher version by using the files you have mentioned.

Hope this information would be helpful for you.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pan,

these Files are only parts of the Kernel. Like the Binary of the Disp+work or the enqueue Process.

You only need the sapexe and sapexedb Files, which contains all of them.

Regards

Manuel

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just need the SAPEXE XXXX.SAR file.... all the above will be contained on it... they are only there for indicidual component upgrade.

Regards

Juan