cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confuesed about Project resources : Stock / PR / PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I use IDES to run an demo project, set collect WBS , and assign material A to 2 options:

option 1 needs A 5 pcs

option 2 needs AB 10 pcs

After running MRP, I have 2 PRs for the material A and both belongs to the same WBS Code .

PR1 , A 5pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1

PR2, A 10pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1

And then I convert PRs to POs,

PO1 , A 5pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1

PO2, A 10pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1 .

Now, I change the qty in the WBS to

option 1 needs A 10 pcs

option 2 needs B 5 pcs

Run MRP again, I have a new PR

PR3 , A 5pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1 .

That confused me, if the special stock flag links with WBS code P-1 , why the resources can't share ? I mean the total qty of A for P-1 is 15, it’s enough. I test again after GR to stock , still generate PR3.

And then I found the material docs of GR shows the resources (stock) belong to WBS and NETWORK .

How to configure to share the resources under the same WBS code (special stock) ? I don’t want another PR3 .Thanks all !

Wayne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some clarity. here in ur example are u talking to two material A & B.? or only one material A and two operations or activities under same WBSE.

Try by selecting procurement type as PReq+Reservation for WBS element. By doing so for all the requirements under that WBSE will b acct assigned to that WBSE.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, made some copy mistake .

The Question should be :

-

I use IDES to run an demo project, set collect WBS , and assign material A to 2 options:

avtivity 1 needs A 5 pcs

avtivity 2 needs A 10 pcs

After running MRP, I have 2 PRs for the material A and both belongs to the same WBS Code .

PR1 , A 5pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1

PR2, A 10pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1

And then I convert PRs to POs,

PO1 , A 5pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1

PO2, A 10pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1 .

Now, I change the qty in the WBS to

avtivity 1 needs A 10 pcs

avtivity 2 needs A 5 pcs

Run MRP again, I have a new PR

PR3 , A 5pcs, special stock flag Q, WBS code: P-1 .

That confused me, if the special stock flag links with WBS code P-1 , why the resources can't share ? I mean the total qty of A for P-1 is 15, it’s enough. I test again after GR to stock , still generate PR3.

And then I find the material docs of GR shows the resources (stock) belonging to WBS and NETWORK .

How to configure to share the resources under the same WBS code (special stock) ? I don’t want another PR3 .Thanks all !