cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Tax conditions maintenance for customer/material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where are the local tax conditions (viz CST, LST etc) maintained for a customer?

Are these conditions types also to be mandatorily maintained in the Sales/general plant data view of the material master?

Can somebody please tell me the logic behind how the maintenance of the local condition types work?

I have been asked to maintain the following condition types for a customer in the sales data as below:

JTX1 CST Form

JTX2 LST Form

Excise Certificate Excise Certificate

Tax Jurisdiction Code Tax Jurisdication Code

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating the new customer , from which source the inputs like Tax conditions types in Sales org 2 tab will come ???

Urgent

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajiv

All tax relates condition types are to be maintained in FTXP for the combination of country and tax code which FI people has to do.

From SD point of view, you need to define in VK11 / UTXJ where there would be different combinations. Normally, for local sales, you need to select the combination of Country (origin) / Plant (Delivering Plant) / Plant Region (Delivering Plant region) / Tax Class. Customer (ship to party) / Tax Class Material.

For this combination, whatever tax code maintained for local sales, that tax code you need to assign here in UTXJ.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks G.Lakshmipathi,

If i understood you correctly Condition type UTXJ is attached to my client specific pricing procedure and all i have to do is:

a) maintain the various tax codes for tax procedure taxinj.

b) maintain the access sequence for condition type utxj based on the country/tax class (customer, material etc)

c) maintain the tax classification for the material and the customer.

thanks, will i need to have more than 1 tax category utxj? if i am seeing more than utxj (for example i can see jtx1 (for cst form), jtx2 (for lst form) , jtx3 (excise certificate), what does that imply Will they also need to be linked to my pricing procedure then?

Thanks again!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajiv

If you have to go for more than one tax then you apart from CST , you need to go for LST,etc also then you need to assign the same number of condition types in your pricing procedure

you need to maintain the same number of taxes in CMR and MMR

say for example

here are 4 types of taxes

CST

LST

excise

cess

So you need to maintain the 4 condition types in pricing procedure. and you need to maintian all these 4 condtion types in CMR and MMR. by doing Tax determination

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

where in the customer and material master are the condition types for the tax are to be maintained?

is it the sales org 1 tab of in the material master where the tax category along with the tax classification and the billing document tab where the varoius tax categories with the tax classification has to be miantained?

Regards

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajiv

In MMR , we maintain taxes in sales orgn 1 view at the bottom

In CMR we mainatain in sales area data - > billing documents at the bottom

Regards

Srinath