cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated characteristics- How to write formula?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one help me in maintaining a formula for calculated MIC.

I am having inspection characteristics 0010,0020, 0030, 0040,0050. But during result recording I will not record for all characteristics, I may do it only for 3 or 4 chars randomly.

Now my calculation requirement is to capture mean value of above recorded results.

Char 0060 = Mean Value of only Recorded results from 0010, 0020, 0030,0040, 0050

I cannot write formula like char 0060= (C00010+ C00020+ C0030+ C00040)/5 because some times I may record only 2 values and some time I record 3 values randomly. Number of recording may vary from time to time.

That is why I am looking for Mean Value of only Recorded results between 0010 and 0050.

Could anyone please help me regarding at the earliest time.

If possible by standard formula, please mention formula also while replying.

With Kindest regards,

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why use a calculated characteristic? if these are different characteristics then they can't really be averaged can they? So I'm assuming these are just mutltiple readings of the same characteristic.

In which case you can use a single characteristics with no scope of larger scope. Then SAP can automatically provide the average.

I don't think you can do a calculated characteristic as you described unless you want to write a custom FM that can be utilized in the formula.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

The characteristics are of same specifications only. I am manintaining this as seperate MIC's because client is looking for mold wise performance of this same specification. Like mold wise Xbar chart, mold wise mean, min and max value during entire run.

Ex: My spec for inspection is Dia, and client requirement is to go for mold wise (5 Molds) analysis of this dia. How can I capture data for dia and do analysis on mold wise.

What I am thinking is to maintain 5 Mics mold wise with same specification of Dia and capture data. This is an in process inspection with inspection points (2 hourly inspection)

Please let me know is there any other way to do mold wise analysis for same characteristic.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with your type of process. All I really saw was that you want to average 1 or more values together. These must be same type of measurement or you can't average them. So why not average them? Are these values taken at the same time? If yes.. use one characteristic with mulitple results allowed.

If no, then use free inspection points. Set up each mould as a batch. Each time a new inspection point is created and recorded against, the most recent value either replaces the previous value, or you can set it up to be averaged with the previous inspection points available. If two are available, it averages with two. If three available, 3. If you skip one, it averages with what it has.

You make the settings in config:

QM--> Quality planning --> Inspection planning --> General --> Define identifier for inspection points

I've pasted the help info below. Read carefully.

Craig

No. of Inspection Points for Characteristic Summarization

Use

You define the number of inspection points in this field that are used when the summarized characteristic results are calculated and the characteristic is valuated, after you close a characteristic with inspection points. Summarized characteristic results are values such as the mean value, maximum or minimum values, or the number of values.

The last n inspection points that you created are used. If the sample currently being processed does not belong to these inspection points when you close, it is also taken into account.

Notes

Note that inspection results do not exist for all inspection points.

Enter a value in this field, if you:

Want to limit the number of sample results used for calculating the characteristic results

Expect performance problems due to the large number of inspection points and characteristics when you close the characteristics

The following entries are possible:

0 = All sample results are used in the characteristic valuation.

n = The last n samples are transferred to the characteristic valuation.

You should always specify a value in this field. A default value is provided in the standard system.

Dependencies

You can only specify the number of inspection points for user field combinations with inspection points for an inspection during production.

In all other cases, the system takes all samples into account for summarization and valuation. This means that the system sets the field "Inspection points for characteristic summarization" to 0 and no entries can be made).

Example

If you enter 20 inspection points and the characteristic is inspected at every second inspection point, the system only considers 10 sample results for summarization.