Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZEBRA PRINTER ISSUE FOR BARCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus/Friends

At present iam working on one Development GR BY BAR CODE

1) Lot of applications are inside

2) One among it eg. during Scanning Call the MB31 Transaction and post the Goods Receipt against Prodution Order

3)The full life cycle from Barcode Printing (2d and Liner Barcode), Sticking on the product and Scanning for GR and through that calling MB31and GR are over.Now the full life cycle is completed

4) We had some delay in getting the Zebra Printer to the site

5) So i did the Printing cycle in our normal laser Printer through A4 sheet, and scanning also working

6) Now the Zebra Printer came,we did the printing alignment and basis related Printer setting,the zebra thermal printing also OK

But what the problem is if i scan the Barcode which was printed through ZEBRA Printer, it is not decoding the data in a proper format and unable to call T.Code MB31,so GR not happening

So the issue is Coding of Data in the Printer ie) During Priting even though visualluy it shows ok, Coding during printing is not happening properly in the priter.

we also got online manual from Zebra but still issue unresolved

So any one can help me, if any of your Develper(abaper)/Basis/Functional Consultant worked like similar project,through them to solve this issue

(We are also in touch with ZEBRA, there is a delay in getting the solution)

thanks

Prabakaran K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakar,

In your case i need some clarifications how you have designed the barcode label??

Through barone software or ??

And one more thing is while designing the barcode have you checked for example if it's material label these all the informatin needs to get pushed in to the barcode (material number,plant ,grdate,storagelocation and bin).

Kindly check the required details has been pushed or not in the barcode??

And for scanning ur using hand held terminal or normal scanner ur using??

if it's a normal scanner check with normal notepad whether ur getting all the informations while scanning??

Hope you can track where is the exact prblm is. if u have any queries kindly revert

Thanks and Regards,

Arun joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply Friend

As you told

1) The informations were already pushed into the Barcode

2) The Print i took in Normal A4 Sheet in our conventional HP/Sharp Laser printer is working for the full cycle

3) The scanner is with screen make HHP

As you said what i can do i will post the details like what is the actual data inside, how it is wrongly interpreting during printing and decoding

I will post that details at the earliest

thanks

Prabakaran K

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In such case you can go for a offline label printing and check the same .

I gotta doubt that ur running the SAP Transaction in the system or through mobile computer ( Hand held termainal)..Due to hht error also u may get some error..

So while posting next time come with your entire crisp of barcoding cycle so that there is a chance for getting a solution easily.

Reward if useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as you said

Calling the SAP Transaction through Mobile Computer

HHP Model :Dolphin 9500

http://www.handheld.com/Site.aspx/

Printer Zebra

Model : ZM400

http://www.zebra.com/

Steps:

1) Print the Bar code in the Zebra Printer through SAP R/3 ECC6.0 Smartform

The data is "Production Order Number" of SAP R/3

(this production order number automatically contains, Material, Plant, Storage loc,Qty etc)

2) Stick the Bar code on the Product

3) Take the Mobile Computer (Hand Held Terminal HHP-Dolphin9500)

give the internet link in the HH Terminal

As the internet link (url) is calling the "Z screen ie) Tranaction"

what we developed in SAP R/3through SAP Web Console we can able to see the input screen for scanning mode

4) Now scan the Barcode

5) The Barcode details will flow inside the particular field of Input screen

6) Now as per the apap programming, once the data is filled, the "ok" code will triggered and call the Particular Goods Receipt Transaction MB31 (Bapi), fill the Barcode data as already filled in the zinput screen and Run the MB31 Transaction

7) After running of transaction the MB31 Bapi will give the output of GR document XXXXposted,...

😎 Show the above "Message in Mobile Computer"

9) This cycle is working very perfectly if i print the Barcode in Normal HP/Sharp Laser priinter in A4 sheet

10) If i print the same barcode in Zebra, it is not giving the result

I think i have well defined the issue

Please ask me any other details

Iam Functional Consultant, if any technical related input required, i will bring my ABAP Developer or Basis Person in the Forum

thanks

Prabakaran K

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my observation i feel the problem is in the barcode design. Because the thing is the barcode design has to be compatible with the zebra printer then only we can decode the data's what we have degined at the time of designing the label.

( In order to check the compatibility just open the notepad in the hand held terminal from the startup menu and activate the scan wedge then scan it if the data's are populating fyn means we can proceed in a different way)

Can you tell me which software you are using to design the BARCODE label.??

I have worked on the similar kind of project in that we have used BARONE Software which was suggested by ZEBRA.

After designing we convert the label desing in to .ITF Format then we upload in to SAP.

Kindly check the steps and Revert.

Thanks and Regards

Arun joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response,

We have did as per your suggestion

1) I took 2 print out for the same smartform and printing program

2) One print out through Normal Laser Sharp Printer in A4 sheet

3) One print out through Zebra

Results:

If i print in A4 sheet and Read through note pad of scanner data coming properly

If i print in Zebra Printer the data coming with "#", it is not seen A4 scanning

More over A4 scanning if i use for my application, it is working fine

My developer also now in loop

If you are interested, could we speak to you

we are

thanks

Prabakaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radhu sankar

pl check your mail

i have given the details

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

you can reach me in this number +91-98864-87241

Thanks and Regards,

Arun joseph

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please let me know how you have developed the barcode label ( i mean to say which software )??

Thanks and Regards

Arun joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will clarify more in detail now

1) Our Bar code contains data's relavant for Production Planning - SAP

a) Material Number

b) Plant

c) Storage Location

d) Serial Number

The logic we provided in the program, ie) after scanning it has to find out the right "production order" through pp related logics then

Call the T.Code MB31 then put the "Production Order Number" and run,......

So the Result in Mobile Computer Note pad after printing through

i will contact you now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through "SAP SMART FORM" BARCODE LABLE HAS GENERATED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun

CONTACT NO saying Hutch no temporarily disconnected

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am able to catch up the scenario what u were working but till now you havent told me how you are designing the Barcode label??

i mean to say through which software you are designing the barcode..bcoz the encoded data has to be compatible with the printer then only we can get the decoded data while scanning..

If you can tel me the label designing i can try my best..( i will give u a messge then u can cal me)

Thanks and Regards,

Arun joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bar code Designing through SAP R/3 "Smarform"

T.code: SMARTFORMS

My developer has developed one form ZDRS_...and put inside the Form Field.

This is the base

During Printing of Barcode, The printing program will call the particular smartform and print

I think iam clarifying to some extent