cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT DETERMINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to Determine Text, based on Sales Area-Division? Without creating document types that are specific to each Division.

Example:

I have 10 Divisions, they all use the same Quotation Document Type (ZQT). I want the Text type to copy to the Header level:

Division Message

A1 Thanks for Purchasing from A1

B1 Thanks for Purchasing from B1

C1 Thanks for Purchasing from C1

(This is simplified)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I don't think you can get different Text messages based on the sales area and division.

The text message will be controled either through order type or itemcategory.

You can try with this,

You define common Text ID for that ZQT quotation type

You can enter text manually in the sales order based on the division for that text ID.

I hope it will help you

Regards

Murali.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All, this confims that there is no quick way of assigning text by sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create 10 different Text Type for each Division & ensure to maintain the relevant Text Type. It will be a manual control by the user.

Text Determination

Using text determination, one can automatically copy a text line from one text object to another, such as from a customer master record to a sales document.

IMG  SD  Basic fncs  Text determination, Define text types [VOTX]

The SD module is used in the text determination for the following text objects:

1) Customer – central texts, accounting texts, text concerning contact persons, sd texts

2) Sales document, Delivery, Billing document – Header texts and item texts

1) Select one of the text objects and select the button “text types”, to define the permitted text types for the text object.

2) Once the text type has been created, one needs to define the access sequences. However, access sequence is not necessary for the customer master record text, as the customer master record is the highest level possible in text determination.

3) After creating the access sequences, one then proceeds to create the text procedure by selecting the text procedure button.

4) After the procedure has been created, one can proceed to assign the text types to the procedure. This can be done by selecting the button “texts in procedure”.

5) Now assign the procedure to the customer’s account group or sales doc type or anything else for that matter. This is done by selecting the button “ text proc. Assignment”.

TIP: In the maintenance of access sequences, it is useful to know the different text objects. The most common are as follows:

KNVV – customer sales texts (customer master sales screens)

KNA1 – customer master central texts (customer master general screens)

KNB1 – accounting texts

MVKE – texts from the sales text screen in the customer master

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

the requirement you said that text should be determined based on the division is not possible as text will be determined based on the document type and item category

I think you need to go for enhancements

Regards

Srinath

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately I could not find anything helpful to your desired functionality..