Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Number Ranges

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gurus

Need some help..

India fiscal year starts from April every year but in our number ranegs for excise it was maintained by year..Example I have maintained excise number ranges for 2007 & 2008 but lets say if i post my excise somewhere in january 2008, how does the system picks up the number ranges? Will it pick up the one in 2007 or 2008?

Appreciate yr reply..

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

the relation with year and ex num combination is depend on factory calender year , normally it will be March to april , after april only system will fetch ex-num along with year.

in your case , even if u post jan2008 document , the document year will be taken as 2007.

hope it will clarify.

reward if helpful

saravanan

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan

How does other Indian companies handle this? If the company fiscal year starts from Jan till Dec 2007, when creating excise invoice between Jan-Mar 2008, which year of number ranges will it picks up - 2007 or 2008?

Sanjay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay Gupta

It is not that all Indian Companies are following Fiscal Year (April-March) like that. In fact, if you want to have excise invoice number range for calender year, you can do so.

Go to OB29, create a Fiscal Year Variant as follows:-

FV:::::Year-depen:::::::Calender Yr:::::::No.of Posting:::::No.of special period

B1:::::::::::X:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::12::::::::::::::::::::::::::4

Select "B1" and double click on "Periods", so that system will ask to define the period. Give 2008 and execute so that you will find a small box where you need to maintain as follows:-

Month:::::Day:::::Period::::Year Shift

1:::::::::::::31::::::::::1:::::::::::::0

2:::::::::::::29::::::::::2:::::::::::::0

3:::::::::::::31::::::::::3:::::::::::::0

Like this maintain till december and save.

Now go to ob37 and assign "B1" to your company code. So now for that company code, the financial year will be Jan-Dec.

Hope this information really helps you.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thanks for yr reply... What I wanted to know how does the excise number ranges picks up? Does it follow the fiscal year of the company? We have maintained fiscal year from Jan-Dec but for but in J1IT we have maintained the begining month of the year is April.. In this case how does the system knows which number ranges of the year should it picks up?

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incase of Excise, it is related to Indian Environment & the Fiscal year to be considered for Excise is April to March.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay

To my knowledge whatever Fiscal Year you maintain at Company Code level, that only will be considered when you raise billing, excise invoice etc., I am not sure what do you mean by J1IT. Could you please elaborate further ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh Banka

I dont think in India, we need to follow Apr-Mar as Fiscal year as for as Excise is concerned. I know few companies in India adhere to Jan-Dec as their fiscal year for Excise and in fact, there is no thumb rule for this.

Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Based on my functional knowledge & SAP knowledge, as of now I have come accross Apr-Mar only as Fiscal year for excise. I suppose that is the reason, why Excise Dept has a norm that in March Estimatated Excise Duty upto 31st March is to be paid by 25th March.

But, I agree with you also, as I have come accross clients, whio do not use SAP Excise & maintain regeister in traditional manner. Hence The system Fiscal year may not impact regarding Excise.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

First of all, I think you will not be able to post the documents in January as in Standard SAP, only two months can be opened at a single time. As this is April month, so you will be able to post the documents only in March & April Month.

Although you can post the financial documents as these documents does not consider any Material Movement. So it means whenever there is Material Movement, you can do its entry in current month & Previous month.

But still if you are allowed to post the documents in January Month, then for 2007 series you have to do the following:

1. Create Sales Order in back date & change the "Req. Delvy. Date" to the back date.

2. In delivery transaction, change all the dates to the desired back date & most importantly "ACTUAL GI DATE". Because this is the only date from which Goods Issue Date identified.

3. Now whatever the "Actual Goods Issue date" in delivery, on that basis BILLING DATE will be picked up.

4. For Excise Inv. Transaction, the place where you enter the Billing Document No., below that there is a POSTING DATE. Change this date to the required date.

I think this will solve your Query.

Regards,

Vishal