cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Portal URL to use Fully Qualified Domain Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a portal that I can access now by using the URL 'invsrvr001:50000/irj/portal'. We would need the URL to use the fully qualified domain name such as 'invsrvr001.company.com:50000/irj/portal'. Towards that end we added the profile paramter 'icm/host_name_full' with parameter value 'invsrvr001.company.com' and restarted the server. After the we tried to login to the portal using 'invsrvr001.company.com:50000/irj/portal' but the system displayed 'The page cannot be displayed' error.

What else needs to be done so as to use the fully quailified domain name?

Do I name to change the computer name from 'INVSRVR001' to 'INVSRVR001.COMPANY.COM'?

Regards

ND

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your server has to be part of your domain in order to use fqdn... as per your description above seems like your server was installed in a WORKGROUP instead of your company domain.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MR. Juan Reyes and DN.

The server not necessarily should be in the domain, in our place the sap server is in the workgroup, but we are include this server in DNS management conslole in the container "COMPANY.COM" , and in the our intranet the fqdn for this server are hosname.COMPANY.COM . Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. The server was installed in a WORKGROUP. We don't yet have DNS server. Is it alright to have the server that is hosting NetWeaver also be configured as DNS server? SAP Netweaver is the only thing that this server is hosting for the moment.

Regards

DN

Former Member
0 Kudos

To do the same, we need to have a DNS server. Correct?

What should I expect if I were to make the server that is hosting SAP Netweaver also configure as DNS server?

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, if you want to use FQDN including your domain extention (host.domain.com) you need to include your host into the domain.

Also your PDC should be doing the time of DNS server so check that.

This should solve your issue, please close the thread.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for the reply.

Don't I need a system that takes the role of DNS before I can add the host name to the domain?

What is PDC?

Regards

Answers (0)