Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authrization error & ST01 issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have question for experts, I have Authorization error and I couldn’t' able to run trace. I don't know why its keep giving me 0 records. I have tried so many times.

The su53 error look like this but I can't able to find out what exactly this object required through st01, Following are the details. It’s a Basis role su53 mention the role name and authorization object something like that.

Role name: z:xxxxxxxxxxxxx ( Just any role name)

Authorization object: S_LOG_COM

Field description : Logical command name -

BRTOOLS ( in the role this filed have two values Y, Z )

Field description : Name of current application server -

( In this role this field has full authorization * )

Field description : Operating system of Application server. -

ANYOS (In this role this field has full authorization *)

This auth object is entered in this role manually so I would not give you guys the transaction that are include in this role. Other questin is whenever I tried to run trace its give me the 0 Records so I don't know what to do. Anybody has any idea that would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance and appreciate you help

Faisal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some releases of SAP, '*'values in S_LOG_COM are evaluated literally rather than as a wildcard.

Enter the the exact values required (ANYOS and BRTOOLS etc rather than *)

Cheers

Alex

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some releases of SAP, '*'values in S_LOG_COM are evaluated literally rather than as a wildcard.

Enter the the exact values required (ANYOS and BRTOOLS etc rather than *)

Cheers

Alex