cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attributes of the product

Former Member
0 Kudos

what does it mean product attributes, field attributes? generally what are the product attributes and field attributes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product attributes

By defining product attributes, you take customer preferences for product substitution into account. For example, you may have customers who refuse products produced abroad, or products that contain a coupon. When you define product attributes, the system checks them in product selection, ignoring any material with a product attribute that the customer has explicitly rejected.

You could define product attributes in material master or customer master.

Field attributes

When you press F4 button on a field you get a dialog box. The dialog box has fields and each field has a yellow arrow Icon.

By using the Yellow arrow icon button, you can specify field attributes for source and target fields.

For each source field, you can make a setting allowing it to contain initial values. This allows the system to perform derivation even if the source field does not contain a characteristic value.

For each target field, you can specify whether the step should overwrite the existing characteristic value. This guarantees that the value determined in this step will always be copied to the target field, even if that field already contains another value.

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dr. Valru,

Good day. The question you have posted is too wide and I'm not sure if I've got the message right as it could be for other application beside SD.

In SD, a product attributes were designed for the use within the framework of the

product selection.

As for the field attribute, it can be refering as the control within a customizing transaction.

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Thank you.