cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI7 Patch 5 applied Now: Sapsx.exe Error on Server Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an installation server with SAPGui 7.10 PL4 for Windows, which had BI7 Patch 3 on it. I just downloaded the BI7 Patch 5 exe and applied it to the server. The patch process proceeded normally, no errors.

I then ran a 'Server Check', from NwSapSetupAdmin. It reports error:

File Workstation Check Not Available d:\sapgui710_install\Setup\SapSx.exe d:\sapgui710_install\Setup\SapSx.exe -2147024894

I've checked the setup directory on my other production servers, and the NW Compilation install CDROM and do not find this file anywhere.

Ideas?

Bob H

USA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Same happens after patch 7 for GUI 710 and BI710SP05_500 for Business explorer.

SAPSetup.xml contains reference to the file, whereas it seems not to have been included in the patch distribution package.

Earlier patch levels do not contain reference to the file in the SAPSetup.xml file, so this is probably a new object that has been "forgotten" off the inclusion list.

I would expect it to arrive as part of a new patch eventually; meanwhile I haven't come across any problems with GUI updates/ installations off the patched installation source and the front-end performs fine afterwards.

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope someone from SAP reads this thread and makes sure SAPSX.exe is either provided or removed from the setup.xml file.