cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While working with quantity contract i am getting a problem.I created a master contract and quantity contract.Reference mandatory is G for OR.The quantity contract is with 10 quantity for the material.I created a sales order w.r.t quantity contract.In sales order the material with 10 quantity triggered.I saved the order and again i tried to raise a sales order w.r.t the same quantity contract, a message appeared "The reference has already been copied or Rejected."

Again i created a quantity contract to the same material with 20 quantity.I created a sales order w.r.t the new quantity contract.In sales order, the material with 20 quantity triggered.There i changed the quantity from 20 to 40 .A message appeared" Target reference 20(Total reference 40)

I tried to to save the order and it was saved.

My doubt is even though there is a quantity contract for 20 quantity why the order was being saved for 40 quantity.Are there any settings to block the order if the order quantity exceeds quantity in quantity contract for the material.pls,let me know.

Thanks.

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the relevant contract item category, check the field 'Completion Rule' in transaction VOV7. This field gives you various options as to how the system should behave if the quantity in the subsequent document differs from the quantity in contract (or quotation).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aditya,

not only for contract even incase of a quotation also the completion is useful to avoid more quantities being referenced. In the sense if the contract is for 20 qty then the reference is complete depending on how you set thecompletion rule in the item category. This prevents creating orders for more quantity than is agreed in a contract or even a quotation.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

along with the above checks , you need to check

Pos./neg. quantity which should be kept '+ ' .

is this is set in item category copy control , you can not enter more than contract quantity.

hope this will solve your problem .

reward if helpful.

saravanan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi aditya

check the update document flow in copy controls in VTAA.

check the item category KMN of the quantity contract and assign a completion rule A for that item category

Once you put reason for rejection for the contract then only the contract will be closed if you don't put reason for rejection after the quantity is copied then , the contract will be open only

Regards

Srinath