Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Roles for Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing PI/XI and have now installed the production box for it. The consultant who is configuring the system is asking for access. Should I still give him the SAP standard roles for PI? Or should I create custom roles instead? I actually created the custom roles for the QA box but when I assigned it to the consultant, he couldn't logon into any of the web based tools (like SXMB_IFR). So I had to give him the standard SAP roles for PI. Is this how it should be? Does that mean I should also assign him the standard SAP roles in production?

Thanks in advance! Your responses are highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Litz,

I think it is always a best practice to create custom roles instead of using the standard sap delivered roles.

However for PI, there a few java roles (e.g SAP_Developer_J2ee) which can be assigned directly or the developer would not have access to Integration builder as evident in your scenario. Java roles work with influence of permissions in Application Server. As far as i know, it is recommended by SAP to use the standard delivered java roles. You can even customize these java roles but i have never done this.

Please Refer this thread for more information:

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Litz,

I think it is always a best practice to create custom roles instead of using the standard sap delivered roles.

However for PI, there a few java roles (e.g SAP_Developer_J2ee) which can be assigned directly or the developer would not have access to Integration builder as evident in your scenario. Java roles work with influence of permissions in Application Server. As far as i know, it is recommended by SAP to use the standard delivered java roles. You can even customize these java roles but i have never done this.

Please Refer this thread for more information: