cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Data Store???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some problems using the Data Store object. I want to put in some data into an input field. After clicking the button for the next form view the data should be stored into the Data Store. On the next form view I want to display the value out of the Data Store. Is it possible to display the data in an input field? Waht I have to do?

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Have you considered using the DataBridge component? You can define your data fields there or supply it with data from a data source. Then you connect it with the form views of your wizard. In this way you don't need to define additional events because all changes on the data in the views are also reflected in the DataBridge.

see [example|http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4685/image2gq8.png]

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf

If I get you right you wish to assign data from the data-store to a field in your form.

For that you need to change the value of your field.

Right click the field that supposed to get the info from the data-store and select 'Configure' .

On the task panel write an expression for the field's VALUE : store@dataField .

this way the field in your form will always contain the value of the attached field in the data-store.

hope it helps

Yogev

Former Member
0 Kudos

...I have tried, but it won't work! The field is empty! How can I check that there is data in my data store? Is it possible to generate a message if there is something in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

In your input field

=IF(ISNULL(store@empId),"NULL",store@empId)

Good luck,

Dharmi

p.s. Let me know if you get NULL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I'm sorry, but I can't see a null and also not the value. Where do I have to put the formula in the input field. Now it is in the field for default value. Is it right?

Thanks,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

I am sure you doing something wrong. Can you send your model or I will send you one? I am working with SP5 and the Data store works just fine.

You can put this condition, in form 2 - of the inout field - in value

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I can send you the model. Please give me your mail-address or I will give you mine (ralf.nowak 'at' enercon.de)

Many thanks,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf

I think the Assign action can help you out.

You can add Assign action (or multiple assign actions) to the submit button (or any other button). this action can copy a field's value from anywhere in the model to the data store.

Please see the following screen shots to see how this looks in design time:

Adding the Assign action: http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2669/assign1ls9.png

Setting the Assign action parameters: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8229/assign2jr0.png

In this example the Assign action is attached to a submit button and copies the value of the field "whatever" to the field "targetfield" on the datastore.

I hope this helps,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

To be able to answer you, can you please let me know if the form 1 (where you are storing data in Data Store) and form 2 (where you would like to display the data in the input field) are in same model or in different model?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

there are in the same model. I want to build a wizard and on the last screen I want to show all data the user has given in and also some other informations before creating in the next step the new project.

Have a nice day,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Here is how you can proceed:

1. In form 1 : (Assuming you already have data store and the variable where you would store the data. e.g: empId ) From the outport drag a flow to the data store. Click on the configure (on the right side), select the event name (herein the action which the button has). Right click the flow, select map data , fill the "empId" of data store with value.

2. In form 2 : Select the input field, then configure, in the value - type in =store@empId

or

select define expression. A pop-up comes up in that select Data fields , it opens and there all the way down you would see store, open that as well, you should see "empId", just drag to the left side, press ok.

On deployment then you should be able to see the inputfield filled.

Success,

Dharmi