cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Catalog Items to Product Category Mapping in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on SRM 5.0 in an extended classic scenario. I don't have CCM or Internal Catalog.

I have a punch out URL from which I place orders, whenever I select an Item from the supplier's catalog the system automatically identifies the relevant product category and creates a Shopping Cart .

Where is the mapping of the Items in the external catalog to the Material group/Product cateogry in SRM maintained.

No BADI is activated.

Regards

Jayaram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Yes looks like that, Let me check with the team out here. At least I was able to reach this far

Thanks

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaram,

My guess is that the customer sends his material group numbers to the supplier. It would be the responsibility of the supplier's OCI team to make sure the appropriate material group number is passed, for various products. We can clearly see this is not done on the customer's client, as the material group number is passed as an inbound parameter from the catalog onto the client's EBP system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ashwin Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranga,

I think many are not able to Understand the question I have asked.

It is like this , the system is perfectly working, there is no error. I just want to know when

there is

no BADI

no CCM

no schema

and only external catalog. How when I click on a product in the external catalog, when the system creates a Shopping cart in SRM It picks up the appropriate product category (Material Group)

I don't see any IMG where this mapping is maintained , then from where the system picks it up.

The system is working perfectly

Jayaram

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayaram,

What is being passed back from the punch-out catalog? What is in the MATGROUP & EXT_CATEGORY_ID fields?

Since you are not getting any errors, I'm assuming that whatever is being passed back matches an existing material group that was replicated from your back-end system. Otherwise, as suggested earlier, there is Content Management in the IMG to handle mapping of extenal categories to internal categories.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Your clue is very close. The NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP has the material group which comes from the external catalog

<input type="HIDDEN" name="NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION[1]" value="DIALYS TBNG 12.1MM DIA 15M/RL">

<input type="HIDDEN" name="NEW_ITEM-MATNR[1]" value="">

<input type="HIDDEN" name="NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP[1]" value="32012800">

<input type="HIDDEN" name="NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY[1]" value="1">

<input type="HIDDEN" name="NEW_ITEM-UNIT[1]" value="EA">

32012800 is a material group in R3, How does the vendor pick this up when I say submit. 32012800 is not a standard UNSPC Code

Thanks and Regards

Jayaram

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayaram,

It seems that your vendor processes the OCI stream that particular way. Meaning that the material group in their catalog is mapped to the NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP when passing the data back to your shopping cart.

I am not sure if that is how the vendor processes it for all customers or just particular interface.

Do you have an OCI connector test app provided by the vendor? We had to use one so that we could see the data in the OCI prior to reaching SRM-EBP. This might help even further.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renga,

That is turned off. But where is the coding or config maintained which tells the system for this product ID from external catalog, this is the corresponding material group in R/3

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the error?

Thanks, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renga,

I am in SRM 5.0 in ECS. Can you let me know the excat path of IMG, Not able to locate it

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trnz: SPRO

img->supplier relationship mangement -> srm server ->master data ->define external webservics

Just highlight the external catalog, click "display" (F6)

then check the settings mentioned previously. Hope this resolves for you.

cheers, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeu,

The table you have mentioned is empty and there is no schema and the system is not picking up the default set for the user, it changes depending on the product selected from external catalog.

I think it is the OCI ...Where can I get more info about OCI and the related programming

Thanks and Regards

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check this settings in "External Catalog Call Structure" configuration (Punch out catalog config).

Check the settings "Validate Product Data from Enterprise Buyer" in "Additional functions in Product catalog" section, Make sure it is turned-off.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Renga

**Award points for helpfull answers**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No BADI and no CCM how does the system map the exteral catalog product ID to the material group or product category in SAP ECC 6.0

Regards

Jayaram

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on what your punchout catalog has returned in the OCI data, if the external product category and schema code is provided, the program codes will determine the internal product category from the system. The mapping can be maintained in table BBP_CT_CAT.

If nothing is sent in the OCI, the system will use the product category defaulted in the user organizational attribute.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Then without CCM and BADI how is it achieved?

Jayaram

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is a reason you do not use the BADI ? I think the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER is a simple solution.

I have not tested but please test the schema mapping customizing.

SRM Server -> Master Data -> Content Management -> Mapping for Schemas

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

My Question is There is no CCM we just have punch out catalogs and no BADI is activated.

How does the system map the external catalog product ID to the SAP ECC 6.0 Material group in an Extended Classic Scenario

Regards

Jayaram

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is implementing BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI. You can map supplier category to your material group.

Based on OCI parameter value from supplier.

NEW_ITEM-EXT_SCHEMA_TYPE

NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY_ID

NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY

Assign material group to NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP.

I have not tested but please check the schema mapping customizing.

SRM Server -> Master Data -> Content Management -> Mapping for Schemas

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

For CCM catalog we do mapping of product categories between supplier catalog and master catalog (which is eventually used by employees in EBP)

In punch out setting do you have any such ref catalog as master catalog and product category mapping?

BR

Dinesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

No BADI is activated

Regards

Jayaram