cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"back to thread list" goes to page 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've noticed recently that while reading through a forum, when I click into a question and then click "back to thread" I do not always go back to the page I was on. If I post an answer, I always "Back to Thread" and get page 1.

Since, in the past, I always returned to the page I was on, I don't usually bother to look at the page number.

Kind of a minor irritation, but I am wondering "What Happened?" or am I suddenly doing something wrong.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

there was a change in the application that accelerates our web application in "remote" locations (seen from Walldorf, Germany). So the described problems shouldn't occur any longer. Can you confirm this?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've spent sometime today cruising the new CO forum and had perfect navigation.

Thank you very much!!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael:

It's working fine for me...Thanks -:)

Greetings,

Blag.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hey even i faced the same problem. On click of the link "back to thread list" on page 2 it goes to page 1. I have faced this in webdynpro for java forum and Datawarehousing forum.

But this is really inconsistent, i mean sometimes it works perfectly as well as it was doing earlier. There is something wrong somewhere.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Althea,

I tried desparately to reproduce the problem - without success. The "Back to Thread List" links always point to the correct forum page for me.

If this happens very regularily to you, could you please post the URL behind "your" back link? Right-click on the link and select "Copy Shortcut", maybe the URL is somehow corrupt which would explain the redirection to the homepage.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am also facing this issue ateast in Exchange Infrastructure forum and Suggestion and comments forum. I read a thread in page 3 of the forum Suggestion and Comments [business card doesn't work properly? |; started by user Eugene. When I select Back to thread list from this thread it does not take me to page 3 instead it takes me to page 1 of this forum.

P.S: I could not see this happening in Coffe Corner forum.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Since I am still frustrated by this issue, I am comeing back to ask what do you mean/where do I find:

please post the URL behind "your" back link?

I do not go back to page 1 of the thread list each time. Sometimes I return to the correct page, sometimes I return to 2,3,4 or 5 pages "infront of" where where I was.

example: in the FI forumn I was scanning threads on page 7. I clicked in on to read. when finished I clicked "Back to Thread list" and was on page 3 of the FI thead lists.

Any help would be appreciated, It takes the fun out of it when I have to pay strict attention to page numbers before I look into details.

Thank you

Althea

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Althea,

OK, now I got it. I was mixing up forum and thread pages and thought "page 1" would be the forum homepage.

Anyway, I couldn't reproduce this one either, I always get to the thread page where I was before, although I was excessively browsing through the forum, entered threads, moved around multi-page threads etc.

But since there are users who are facing the issue, I would like to investigate on this. So let me ask some questions:

- Have you changed your "Forum Settings" ("Your Control Panel" -> "Your Forums Settings"), e.g. the number of threads shown per forum page?

- Are you using the Back button of the browser (which is not forbidden, I am just asking)?

- Could this be time related, i.e. is there a break between your activity in the message and the click on the "Back to Thread List" button?

- Does this happen all the time, or just sometimes?

Meanwhile, I will check the respective code and see what I can find there.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Answers to your questions

Have you changed your "Forum Settings" ("Your Control Panel" -> "Your Forums Settings"), e.g. the number of threads shown per forum page?

No changes made.

Are you using the Back button of the browser (which is not forbidden, I am just asking)?

No, I use the "back to thread list" hot link so that the indicators show I've read the message

Could this be time related, i.e. is there a break between your activity in the message and the click on the "Back to Thread List" button?

I don't think so. It can happen when I am spend a block of time reading - Page, Page, Read details of message, "back to thread list" wrong page.

Does this happen all the time, or just sometimes?

It occasionally happens correctly, but is most frequently wrong. - I'll pay a little more attention to the "right" times.

I am using Internet Explorer 7.0, if that makes a difference. I know that for standard SAP applications, some of our folks have need to return to IE 6 to function correctly.

Thank you for looking into this

Althea

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Althea,

I have checked the scenario with IE7 and also couldn't see any issues. However, I have passed the issue to our Quality Assurance guys, who have the tools to do more specific checks (e.g. US proxy). I will let you know when they find something.

If you have further information, e.g. regarding the way you are navigating through the thread list, let me know in this thread.

Thanks & regards,

Michael

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael...I'm using Firefox and have that problem a lot of times in the ABAP Forums...Don't happens all the time...But stills a problem...

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

A futher note -- This "Not Back to the Correct Page" (or NBTTCP) issue occurs here in the Suggestions and Comments forum and in the Coffeehouse.

I have tried a variety of steps through the forums, and results are remaing consistently inconsistent.

Regards,

Althea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

New twist on "Back to thread list" today

I was on page 16 when I getting ready to stop for the day. So I went back to page 1 to see what was new. When I clicked "Back to thread list" - it took me back to page 16! this happened 3 times.

Althea

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Althea,

at SDN, we are using a technology to accelerate web applications all over the world. This happens through some sort of caching mechanism, and the vendor has problems at present, so it occurs that HTTP user sessions get mixed up. That's exactly what happens on your side: You get the page number of some other user. We are working on resolving this.

Regards,

Michael