cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete buffer for function DDIF_TABL_PUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem in a method of Web Dynpro Abap. Ich have a database structure and change its fields at runtime. I do that with the function DDIF_TABL_PUT and the activation with DDIF_TABL_ACTIVATE.

I have:

COMMIT WORK and wait.
  CALL FUNCTION 'DDIF_TABL_PUT'
     EXPORTING
         NAME = '/SME/DED_DYN'
     TABLES
         DD03P_TAB = DD03P_TAB
         DD05M_TAB = DD05M_TAB
         DD08V_TAB = DD08V_TAB
         DD35V_TAB = DD35V_TAB
         DD36M_TAB = DD36M_TAB

EXCEPTIONS
         tabl_not_found          = 1
         name_inconsistent       = 2
         tabl_inconsistent       = 3
         put_failure             = 4
         put_refused             = 5
         others                  = 6.

COMMIT WORK and wait.

if sy-subrc = 0.
    call function 'DDIF_TABL_ACTIVATE'
      exporting
          name =  '/SME/DED_DYN'
      IMPORTING
          rc = rc    
      exceptions
            not_found   = 1
            put_failure = 2
            others      = 3.
  endif.

When I start my Web Dynpro Application in the first time the structure is changed correctly, but when I run the two functions again, in Transaction SE11 the structure is change correctly and the new fields are shown, but inside my application, when I want to work directly at runtime after the changes, the old value are inside. I have to refresh my whole Web Dynpro Application and then it works with the new structure.

I hope you understand my problem. Somewhere must be a buffer that buffers the "old" structure of the database structure. How can I delete that at runtime?

Thanks for your help!!

Best regards,

Ingmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe, my question was not clear.

The fields of a DDIC structure are changed at runtime dynamicly. Not their value, the fields themselves with fieldname and datatype! I need to work with this NEW DDIC structure at then same runtime. But somewhere the OLD one is buffered I think, because the method only reads this old structure although in Transaction SE11 it changes to the NEW one at runtime correctly. What buffer could this be and how can I clear it, so that my method in WebDynpro can proceed with the new DDIC structure?

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Ingmar