Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Rework::URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Scenario:

A material needs to be reparied from a vendor. My client sends the material to the vendor.. the vendor repairs the material and charges for his services..& send back the material to my client.

How will we MAP this process in SAP.???

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Create recursive BOM for that material.(same material).

Create the PO for service amount & Isuue the material (541 mvt type)

Do the GR.(automatically with 543 happend - consumption).

Regards

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is “Service” you are procuring and selling. If I understand ur Scenario, follow the steps

1. If ur sending material ie…..selling material, Use material type “DIEN” and use material to Bill to Customer(VA01,VF01,F-28)

2. Procuring Service from Vendor, use External Service Management, (AC03,ME21N, ML81N,MIRO, F-53)

3. To track the Customer Material, you use material type UNBW

Regards,

Biju K

Edited by: Bijay Kumar Barik on Apr 18, 2008 4:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its material refurbishment

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/a0/00e93a2876a81ae10000000a11402f/content.htm]

Refurbish operation may be internal or external. You need to define what are you going to do with repair cost, how will it be settle.

Think about material valuation for different status, new / to repair / repaired.

your definition will define how this process should be setup.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF you are sending material A and receving MAterial A then just create the service order do the Service entry sheet and post IR

but if you send Material A and after repair if you receive as Mateiral B then you have to use the sub contract PO functionlity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Charlie,

Thanks for the reply,

I m catering the first situation where i m sending Material A and recieving Material A. If i will go for Service PO then how will i issue the material A to vendor for rework.... and how will i recieve the Material A after rework...

Kindly guide me

Cheers