cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java client change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my landscape they planned to change the existing java client? That is By default its pointing to 001 client. So i will take a client copy from that its not a problem.But where do i want to change the system type as 222 instaed of 001 client?

Anyone have idea about this?

Regards

Vijay kumar G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to change in com.sap.security.core.ume.service -> ume.r3.connection.master.client from config tool

then restart entire sap system

samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the only change. we have to do?

I heard that we have to do some modification in Identity management also. any idea on this?

Regards

Vijay kumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure that all the user from 001 client like j2ee_admin, and sapjsf are copied as it is then

i did for 3 to 4 systems using following steps

did client copy from 001 client then went to config tool and made changes did OS restart and start sap it worked

same can be done from offline config tool

Change UME master: To do this start either the 'offlinecfgeditor' shell script or logon to the Visual Administrator with the j2ee_admin user and browse to the 'Configuration Adapter' service. Navigate to 'cluster_data -> server -> cfg -> services' and edit Propertysheet "com.sap.security.core.ume.service". Change Property "ume.r3.connection.master.client" to the new client. Save and restart the J2EE Engine.

but when you do changes for XI system it is diffrent you need to make additional steps acc. note 940309

Samrat

Edited by: Samrat Dangeti on Apr 18, 2008 6:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check note 937323

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please check the below link for changing client

/people/carlosivan.prietorubio/blog/2008/01/10/how-to-change-the-client-in-sap-xipi

/people/danny.deroovere/blog/2008/02/26/change-client-in-scenarios-with-sap-business-system

Regards

Kanthi Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually why do you want to change the default settings?

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

It's a requirement from the client. They need to maintain it seprately. Anyhow thanks for all your inputs i willl update you soon.

Regards

Vijay kumar