Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help-spread values

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In UI programming, on my screen I have two fields.

eg: Material No

Material Description

And I have created a search help and added to Material No in attributes. When i use this search help, i get material no on my Material No field. However, at the same time, I also want Material Description for the selected No. How does this happen? What I need to do in the program.

thanks

K

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add the Description field with the EXP column checked in your Search help. Should present the value in the list.

If it is not part of the table you're currently using, consider created a VIEW to extract what you want then build the search help based on the VIEW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create a HELP VIEW for the two fields which you need and give the help view name in the ELEMENTARY SEARCH HELP (instead of table name), so that while selecting the material no. you will get both the things.

Reward points,if useful.

Regards,

Sathish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to include the matereal description also in you search help and tick the import and export check boxex for it. Now you have to add the same search help for the field 'Material Description' also in the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please tell me how u solved u r problem .

becuase now i have a same situation , i have access three fields from Elementary search help