cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue with SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a typical performance issue with SXMB_MONI, when I trigger this T.code it is taking around 20-24 hrs to execute.

Here I have found some tables which actually stores these processed xml messages,

SXMSPFADDRESS

SXMSPFRAWH

RSXMB_REMOTE_SERVICE

SXMSPFAGG

SXMSCONFVL

SXMSPMAST

SXMSPEMAS, SXMSPERROR, SXMSPMAST & SXMSPVERS.

SXMSPMAST, SXMSPMAST2, SXMSCLUR, SXMSCLUR2,

SXMSCLUP, SMXSLUP2, SXMSPFRAWH,

Here I want to increase the performance of sxmb_moni, firstly I want to know from which tables does the sxmb_moni fetches data and more over is it a single table or multiple table.

And please suggest any technique which can decrease the latency time in executing sxmb_moni.

Regards,

Vijay N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We also faced a similar issue. It is usually caused by corrupt indices on the tables. Ask your Basis/DBA guys to rebuild indices.

This might solve your problem.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Doing a Run-stats and Re org on this tables should solve your problem

SXMSPMAST

SXMSPEMAS

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viyal,

beside of archiving as a next step you should also delete the messages our of your XI system

Are you sure that the transaction it taking nearly 23-24 hours?

How do you select the messages? So you want to see all messages since you started your XI system 5 years ago?

In newer versions of XI/PI (SXMB_MONI) the Output list is by default limited to 200 entries only. So I cannot understand how you manage to run the transaction for more than a few seconds ....

And, do you an regular basis do database maintenance, meaning to rebuild indices etc?

Just a few thoughs on this.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are working on a quite new system but we also have to wait up to 60 Secs till the monitor shows some messages.

What could we do do increase the performance?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Periodically you need to archive the XI messages, that allows you to maintain sufficient performance level.

Create archive jobs in SXMB_ADM to archive data which is 15 days old from XI related growing tables like SXMSCLUR, SXMSPEMAS, SXMSPHIST, SXMSPMAST, SXMSPVERS, SXMSPFRAW ,SWWWIHEAD. This archive job created archive files at the OS Level

For XI tables refer

/people/gourav.khare2/blog/2007/12/12/interesting-abap-tables-in-xi-150-part-i

SXMSPMAST, SXMSCLUP, SXMSPCLUR

the last two are cluster tables

and you won't get XML messages directly from them

have a look inside them

The classes that reads this information in SXMB_MONI are abap classes,

(can be seen at SE24) it is quite difficult to use them,

you might debug SXMB_MONI or use SE30 and see all the classes

that have been used.

You can use value mapping if you are not looking at picking up values from application system.It is just like SM30 transcation.You can get the info under SAP XI->Design and Configuration->Configuration->Value Mapping.

Also see the

these tables,

/SAPDMC/LSOMAP Field Mapping

/SAPTRX/SCAOTMAP

/SAPTRX/SCCNDMAP /SAPTRX/SCEVTMAP

/SAPTRX/SCFUNMAP /SAPTRX/SCSOMAP

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/02/16/own-logging-of-xi-messages

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/a1b46c4c686341e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/45393c3eb3036be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks

Swarup