cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom attributes on DRAW table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a client that has extended their DRAW table with a number of custom attributes, BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETLIST2 doesnt return the additional attributes. Is there a standard BAPI that would be able to return these custom attributes? if so whats it called?

Alternatively any advice on alternative approaches would be greatly appreciated, will i have to create a custom BAPI to retrieve them?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I think the most easy way is to enhance or copy the BAPI_DOC_DRAW2 structure with the customer fields in draw, copy the MAP2E_DRAW_TO_BAPI_DOC_DRAW2 to a Z function module where you can map those fields and copy the BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETLIST2 bapi to a Z bapi that uses the new 'Z'MAP2E_DRAW_TO_BAPI_DOC_DRAW2. Doing it, you don´t need to repair the standard and the funcionality is as standard as can.

Best Regards,

Alfredo.

(Reward points if useful)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

Thanks for that, I do have a follow up, Its not a requirement that we retrieve multiple documents at once....I was hoping that there was some sort of standard BAPI that would return all the attributes both standard and custom from the DRAW Table...

Im not getting my hopes up but id like to rule it out, I ask because i would like to avoid having to write any custom BAPI's if it can be avoided. ABAP is not my main area of focus so there is an increased risk of me introducing 'undesirable behaviour'

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

you could use the FM RFC_READ_TABLE to read the custom field directly from the tablke draw.

regards Iring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iring,

Thanks for the tip, I shall look into it...and report back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

now using the RFC_READ_TABLE

It took a bit of getting used too...but works a charm

Caution : Watch out for buffer overflows in the results when table has too many columns, and that each option line is maximal 72 chars (when sending from say Java)

Note once out of the POC we will probably have to re-write the BAPI's as per the first suggestion since that looks like the most efficient way to gete all data from the table in one go....re RFC_READ_TABLES buffer overflow.

Edited by: Paul Henry on May 7, 2008 4:05 PM