cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i would like to add a help text for a perticular filed,like when i click on the ? it should be dispaly descreption about the filed in one or two lines...or a short text..

Or when i put my cursor on a field it should display the descreption.

Thanks,

raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For having a text when you place the cursor on the field then use the property tooltip of that particular field .For the tooltip give the text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Most of the UI elements has the option like "Tooltip". You can make use of it. You can define your own texts to the tooltip. So when the cursor moved near to that field it will shows the tool tip text.

If you want show the description when click the question mark, Then you can use Button UI element.

Create one button without text and assign the Symbol what ever you want like i or ?.

Then create one window[w2] and view[V2]. In the view define one textview and assign the decription for your field.

Then emped that view[v2] into your second window[w2].

Come to first view, In that button event handler write the code to call the window[w2] using create window of the Interface IF_WD_WINDOW.

So whwn ever the button displayed it will call your window[w2] and will displays the view[v2].

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viji,

Could you please explain below step with details..

Come to first view, In that button event handler write the code to call the windoww2 using create window of the Interface IF_WD_WINDOW.

do we need to call it has a "POPUP" ?.

i know how to call popup window.

please clarify ..

Thanks in advance,

Raju.