cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetitive Sync and Background Sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any body tell me what are the Repetitive Sync and Background Sync and the procedure how they will work?

Thanks in Advance

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do the sync in background each x seconds...

For do this, you have to write in mobile.config:

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled=true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=15000

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

uwe_hrter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

if I would use background sync on a PDA, would it be possible for the user to continue working during sync? Or would the performance used for the sync cause him to stop working anyway? And one more question: Is background sync avaliable in MI7.0 with JSP as well?

Thanks and best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

well, while device syncs the user can continue to work.... performance is not that worse - and the functionality is available for JSP as well.

BUT!

Have in mind that you do not lock entries while you display them on the screen. This is not supported in MI and so it can happen that you select a dataset to change it on the screen and while you change this entry the device syncs and in the sync this entry gets changed or deleted from the device.... if you now want to persist this item this will run into an error..... Well, background sync needs carefull handling... but yes, it is possible!

Hope it helps!

Regrds,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Repetitive Sync : This is something that is configurable, where you sync once but internally based on your configuration the sync is actually done n times. For the user it will look like as if he is sync'ing once, but internally its done n times.

Background Sync : This is similar to scheduling a sync. You configure such that the sync happens every predefined timeline (eg, once in n seconds, every hour, every day etc.)

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know how to configure for the syncs to be happen i mean any procedure to be followed to perform the syncs in the backend i.e., DOE. ?

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sync is always triggered from the client. No matter if it is a background sync or if repetitive is switched on. So what do you mean with the last sentence.... configure in the backend..... ?

Usually the client starts a sync. Either manually or in the background (automatically). In both cases it connects to the mddleware system and asks for the relevant data - in simple words.....

Send changed data actively down to the client os not possible as such!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver