Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I must reboot my System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My development environment is

- Model - Apap

- UI - Webdynpro for java

Do I must reboot my System to apply Apap fild that is modified or inserted something?

Now I'm, every time, reboot my system after reimport Apap model.

Reboot needs too much time.

If I not to do, web server appers 500 error.

Is there any other a manner to apply modifiy or inserted Apap filed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are making any changes in back end system or there is any change in rfc structure, then it is must to re-import your model.

Once you re-imported the model you need to restart your server to make the changes become effective.

To avoid following this procedure, you have another option to delete and re-build model again.But for this you have to change your application logic. You can also comment code related to model and rebuild new enhanced model and use it.(May not be recommended but for small applications it is effective)

Mandeep Virk

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In webdynpro at runtime for the application the structure of the RFC metadata is not available.So any changes to the structure webdynpro application can not recognize at runtime.Its compulsory to Restart the SAP J2EE Engine after importing the model in webdynpro.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is any change in the RFC after importing it then you need to Re-import the model and then restart the server. If your sever is installed in your system then you just need to restart the server not the system.

Once you restart the server then the cache will be cleared and Webdynrpo application will be reflected with the new changes.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala