cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of Array Structucture

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to map SOAP response ( which is combination of an array and a separate String field) as Source Message . I need to map it to Target Message with same structure.

<b>Do I need to use user defined functions to map source array element to target array element?</b>

Direct mapping ( 1-1) does not seem to do the job. It only displays and maps the string field which is not part of Array.

Appreciate your prompt response

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If the source and target have the same structures then you don't need any user defined functions. Infact you don't need any interface mapping program if it is the same message type on both the sides while sending to the target. If these are two different message types of the similar field names then you can use the identity mapping in IR to map them.

>>It only displays and maps the string field which is not part of Array.

check the cardinality(occurance) of this field in the bothe structures. Also if your array field is a child element of the node then make sure that you map the parent nodes aswell.

Check the context of the source field and you can use 'display queue' functionality while testing your mappings in IR.

hope this helps..

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand

Thank you for your response.

Solved the problem by examining the Response from SOAP in SXI_MONI and correcting the WSDL appropriately.

That seems to have fixed the problem.

Regards

Prasad

Answers (0)