cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to knw the basic meaning of an SKU in MDM scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi it is described in the Structural relationships are like

1) SKU's of SKU,

2)SKU of SKU's etc.

Can anyone help me understand what it is.

PS: An SKU is a main table field.

Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

SKU : Stock Keeping Unit is a code number, typically used as a machine-readable bar code, assigned to a single item of inventory. As part of a system for inventory control, the SKU represents the smallest unit of a product that can be sold from inventory, purchased, or added to inventory.

Since the Relationship table is used to create relationship between the different products.In the example that you are talking about a product has been refered by a word SKU.

Reward if found useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for helping me understand the correct scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is standard definition of an SKU:

1. SKU (stockkeeping unit, sometimes spelled "Sku") is an identification, usually alphanumeric, of a particular product that allows it to be tracked for inventory purposes. Typically, an SKU (pronounced with the individual letters or as SKYEW) is associated with any purchasable item in a store or catalog. For example, a woman's blouse of a particular style and size might have an SKU of "3726-8," meaning "Style 3726, size 8." The SKU identification for a product may or may not be made visible to a customer. SKU numbers can sometimes be seen in online e-commerce sites.

An SKU is not the same as a product model number from a manufacturer, although the model number could form all or part of the SKU. The SKU is established by the merchant.

2. Definition of: SKU

(StockKeeping Unit) The number of one specific product available for sale. If a hardware device or software package comes in different versions, there is an SKU for each one.

So from definitions As per my understanding, it seems for different versions of a product MDM may keep different SKU numbers, so that the actual version of product will go for sales or purchase order data .

Reward accordingly if it helps you.

BR,

Alok