Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA with AUTH_METHOD='T'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have found the RFC function module SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA where it is possible to retrieve ticket information for a certain user. Several methods are mentioned.

The most interesting one is the one with AUTH_METHOD='T', which means that an SSO ticket can be entered as importing parameter.

The question for me is: how do I get the ticket information? Is there a function module which returns the SSO ticket for the logged on user?

Thanks,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but the auth=T method points to SAP note 177895 for further information about it. This and the FM you mentioned are referred to in the explanations for "auth" section of SAP note 320991.

Looks to me like a "program interface" to use the ABAP system as an authentication service for so called "internet users" (tcode SU05), where you can use logon tickets as the method to verify the user.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the mentioned notes don't answer my question. The basics about the logon method 'Ticket' are clear.

I am searching for a method which returns the SSO ticket into ABAP code.

I didn't find anything in the control HTML_Viewer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael