cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit memo Req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPPERS

In what situation do we use a debit memo request and a debit memo. Can some one explain me the process.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if by any means if a customer has to pay the company (i.e., for any extra credits into customer account )we raise debit memo request with VA01 and with VF01 using this debit memo request number we have to go by creating debit memo.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To illustrate the same, I will use an example as under:

Company have come with an agreement with a dealer that say 'X' Promotional Offer will be on sharing basis & in that case company may raise a Debit Memo Request & Debit Memo.

It may also be possible that the customer have been priced less, even in that case a debit memo request & Debit Memo may be raised.

Also say there might be a returnable Packaging / promotional material provided to dealer, which have not been returned, it may be valid even in this case.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a lot of scenarios we create debit memo request and debit memo against a customer. I am giving a couple of scenarios:

In repair processing the material has come back to our permises, we repaired the same and send it back to the customer. The charge for repair and the parts consumed has to be billed to the customer. We normally use resource related billing in such cases, through RRB we generate a debitmemo request and followed by a debit memo.

We have sold one equipment (material) to a customer, it is having some issue, the customer wants an immediate replacement. We send the replacement immdiately, expecting the customer to return back the faulty one. But the customer is not returning back the equipment. After many followup, we create a debit memo request and debit him with a debit memo.

As I mentioned earlier, this is only a couple of scenarios. There are many.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Debit memo is used in below scenarios:

1) When you have charged the customer less then actuals due to reason like selection of wrong scales or you have not checked the actual Market price.

2) When there is an over delivery and customer agrees to pay for it.

Debit memo request is an order type which is referred to create a debit memo there can be release procedure in-between depending on the business process.

Also note that our FI counter parts can create stand lone DEBIT MEMOS also,

Take care

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Debit Memo

It is a sales document used in complaints processing to request a debit memo for a customer. If the prices calculated for the customer were too low, for example, calculated with the wrong scaled prices, you can create a debit memo request. The debit memo request can be blocked so that it can be checked. When it has been approved, you can remove the block. It is like a standard order. The system uses the debit memo request to create a debit memo.

regards

sadhu kishore