Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation between fields of WBS and Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have this scenario,

In my project creation process, I select a paricular combination of Std WBS and Std NW to create an operative project. If the user selects a different combination the system should not create the project.

I am thinking of using a validation between two fields(whose values man in operative WBS and NW created from the Std's. If they dont match i would raise an error message...

But the problem now is i am not able to access WBS Fields from Network Validations and NW fields from WBS validations.... I refered to some OSS Notes which claim this can be done... But no clear picture how?

Regards,

Pavalavel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the easiest way would be to create a validation in GGB0 and use a user-exit for the validation. Create a step in a validation with a pre-requisite as the network type you are working on, then assign it to a user-exit via a form pool (I believe the form pool is defined for validations in table T80D). In the user-exit, you can get the PROJN field on the network and go against the PRPS table for this WBS element to get the project type, etc...(basically, your WBS elements).

Please reward points if necessary and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all the above steps but where do i insert this validation... I.e. Either in Project profile or network profile or any where... To trigger this validation.... When i create a validation it will not be triggered till i link that validation to an object..

Nutshell : where to include validation Consistancy check for project.

Pavalavel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the validation using 'Consistency check project structure' . Hope this solves your problem !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi renjith,

I have already had a look to it... But where do i make the assignment of the validation ... For example Network validation can be added in the network profile, simillar way WBS/Project validation can be added in the project profile...

Advance thanks,

Pavalavel.